A few easy questions for y'all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scheffehcs

Reaction score
1) I brewed a great brown ale last year and I tried to replicate it today. Based on a taste of the wort, I think I wrote 5 gallon batch when it was in fact a 6 gallon batch. Would it be OK to boil a gallon of water and add it to the fermenter? If so, when should I do it?

2) I've searched for this but can't find an exact answer. If I buy an ounce of pellet hops at 5%aa and an ounce of whole leaf hops at 5%aa, will they have the same effect on my beer? I know that the utilization of whole leaf hops is not as high as pellets, but is that taken account in their AA%, or do I have to take it into account?

Thanks!!

1. You can... But IMO I wouldn't. A better option would be to brew it again if you dont like what you ended up with. Was the OG any diferent from the 1 year batch?

2 You have to take the utilization into account. 5 aau is 5aau, you have to do the math depending on if its pellet of whole leaf.
Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back