85 degree weather in Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 198378

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but this 80 degree weather is making me want to brew so bad. Apparently the 15 gallons I have fermenting ATM isn't enough for this itch.

Sitting here at my desk, looking outside at the clear blue skies and sunshine making me want to brew a flurry of Saisons and Pales. So many yeast to try out, so many hops...

IMG_2083.JPG

Holy cow! Look at those krausens. One drawback of having started with an SS bucket..I never see stuff like that.

And yeah, this weather is just awesome. I want to be drinking my homebrew!!

Ooooohhhh yeah! :ban:

Two simcoe/amarillo pales on the left with WLP001 2L starter shared between the two. And a Wookey Jack clone on the right with a starter made from WLP002 leftovers from 2 choc. porters I brewed plus another smack pack.

I came home from work yesterday and the 01 starter had overflowed...time to pitch!

Holy cow! Look at those krausens. One drawback of having started with an SS bucket..I never see stuff like that.

And yeah, this weather is just to dang awesome. I want to be drinking my homebrew!!

I don't know about you, but this 80 degree weather is making me want to brew so bad. Apparently the 15 gallons I have fermenting ATM isn't enough for this itch.

Sitting here at my desk, looking outside at the clear blue skies and sunshine making me want to brew a flurry of Saisons and Pales. So many yeast to try out, so many hops...

I know these feels, I live in Texas and the weather has been unseasonable warm even for us. 68-72 degrees during mid day makes you want to brew no matter how many batches you have sitting!!

Days like today make me miss college. I'd be playing disc golf or just sitting on the front porch having a beer or 5. Instead I'm sitting at work drinking water.

But, I do have a 10 gallons brew day planned for tomorrow!

Days like today make me miss college. I'd be playing disc golf or just sitting on the front porch having a beer or 5. Instead I'm sitting at work drinking water.

But, I do have a 10 gallons brew day planned for tomorrow!

Samsies, womp womp

But good man on that brew day. What's on deck?

Mid to upper 80s in the San Fernando Valley, here.

I brewed a stout on Sunday, because I'll drink stouts even when it's hot, dammit!

I'm concerned about fermentation temperatures, though...the fermometer strip was hovering around 75 this morning, and I dread a fusely ester bomb. Even if this one turns out completely fine, though, this really speeds up the need for some cooling-things-down temperature control. Living in San Francisco until very recently spoiled me on that front -- perfect ale temperatures in my apartment all year!

y'all with your fancy warm weather talk. warm this time of year in the mid west is when the wind stops blowing for 1/2 a day.:pipe:

Mid to upper 80s in the San Fernando Valley, here.

I brewed a stout on Sunday, because I'll drink stouts even when it's hot, dammit!

I'm concerned about fermentation temperatures, though...the fermometer strip was hovering around 75 this morning, and I dread a fusely ester bomb. Even if this one turns out completely fine, though, this really speeds up the need for some cooling-things-down temperature control. Living in San Francisco until very recently spoiled me on that front -- perfect ale temperatures in my apartment all year!

Yeah I hear ya on that, my ferm temps have been reading 72ish this morning and when I got home. Had to open up the windows to cool down the house last night.

What yeast are you using?

I brewed on Saturday wearing shorts and a t shirt and was sweating my azz off! Lovin this weather

Yeah I hear ya on that, my ferm temps have been reading 72ish this morning and when I got home. Had to open up the windows to cool down the house last night.

What yeast are you using?

I'm using Wyeast 1098 for this one. The Wyeast website says that one is happiest at a max of 72, hence the nervousness. That said, it's been going vigorously, and seems to be operating on a similar activity timeline to what I wrote down when I used it in cooler temperatures in San Francisco. So, we'll see!

Back