73 $ grain mill with shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good many of them are made on China. The one you linked is coming direct to you, hence the shipping and delay in arrival. It's just a matter of which mill is producing them.

I see a pro and con with one feature and that is the wingnuts. Pro would be they are easier to adjust then using a screwdriver when setting the gap. Con would be that those wingnuts most likely won't hold well and will loosen. My Corona grain mill had two wingnuts like that and they would slowly loosen while grinding to where I would need to readjust it once or twice when grinding a recipe's grain. A rubber o-ring I think can help there but I don't see one in the pictures.

A few things that would concern me:
Title says "stainless steel," but is it ALL stainless, or just the hopper and frame?
Seven images and not one showing the rollers. Are they stainless? Hardened?
That description stating that "the crankshaft can be driven clockwise or counterclockwise." How's that work in a 2-roller system?
The hopper has 1.06 gal capacity and they claim that will hold 11 lbs. of grain? I can get just over 20 lbs grain in a 5 gal bucket, so that hopper might hold 4-5 lbs tops.

If you can get the gap adjusted and the wingnuts hold, it might be ok.

Back