70% Efficiency

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDawg

Reaction score
I can't figure it out. I'm only getting 70% maybe a hair less efficiency on my office Coffee pot. In case you can help, I am using the white filters not the unbleached ones and I grind the beans to about medium fine. Oh I only use bottled water as well. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Edit: Its an electric Proctor and Silex rig w/ autotimer, and plastic Sparge Arm

Yep I am way off. I just checked "How To Brew" by Gerry G. Starbuck,,,Chapt.2 page 43 Para 1(V)3 and my efficiency should be at 93.7463%. Damn!

I think it's because you have a poor quality coffee grinder. You need to buy a better one immediately, or chech out the dyi section on how to build your own from a pasta maker.

I used the search function but I cant find a thread with schematics for bypassing the autoshutoff and wiring in a Love controller. Oh man this is bad,,,Should I dump the pot?

No sir,,,can't be the grinder,,,I went to Gerry G.'s last conference "Industry Secrets: The Grind and You" and I set the head space and timing on that bad boy exactly how he said to,,,plus I am already Runnning the Titanium alloy Thelman wire to the conifilator valve. I was looking into those gold filters but those bad boys are like $14 bucks a piece,,,so to get the most buck for the bang,,I am gonna run a pre-pre warmer to a pre warmer and then to the pot itself with 3 love controllers and plumbin it with half inch S/S pipe with three piece ball valves and camlocks. Oh by the way Gerry G. autographed my coffee cup (I got so excited i peed myself a little)

I read on the internet that columbian beans taste like grapefruit. I want to brew coffe that tastes like grapefruit.

Grapefruit Coffee is toooo easy. My buddy who got a third place in a local competition told me the trick was instead of roasting the Coffee beans lay them out on a papertowel in a single layer and then put them in the microwave and push the Poptart button. He must be right he got third place.

Back