60L soda stream

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the general rule that gets thrown around is that a 5 lbs tank can serve 20, 5 gallon kegs. So let's do some math, take the 20 kegs, and multiply that by the 5 gallons per keg (20 x 5 = 100 gallons). Now take the 5 lbs in the tank and convert that to ounces by weight (5 x 16 =80 ounces of co2). Now divide the 100 gallons by the 80 oz of co2 (100 / 80 = 1.25 gallons of beer pushed per ounce of co2). The 60 liter soda stream canisters hold 14.5 ounces of co2 multiplied by 1.25 gallons per ounce, (14.5 x 1.25 = 18.125 gallons pushed per canister) so theoretically yes. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an extra just in case.

Thanks. I was given a couple SS bottles. I had an empty one. It looks like we pushed about ten gallons with about three oz.
Empty weight: 23 oz
Full weight: 38.34 oz
Cylinder I used weight is 36 oz. now
I used this one to push a half barrel that feels like we used 10 gallons from. Only a guess until I transfer back to corny keg. Probably do that this week.
I will be using the same setup next weekend with with 2.5 gallon kegs. I will see what happens and post it back here.
Thanks again

Back