5 gallons of EdWorts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanik006

Reaction score
i made it with cider instead of apple juice, and added 5 boiled cinnamon sticks to the carboy. this was on november 10.

my plan when i rack/bottle is this ... rack off half into a bottling bucket and back sweeten the half still in the carboy with splenda. with the half in the bottling bucket ... half will be put into wine bottles still, and the other half will be carbed and bottled in 12oz-ers.

then back to the sweetened half .... same thing, half bottled into wine bottles still, half carbed and bottled

so i'll end up with some still dry applewine, some still sweet applewine, some carbed dry hard cider, and some carbed sweet hard cider.

what do you guys think of that? and ... since it was made on 11/10 .... when should i be able to bottle? 4 weeks?

You will be ready to bottle when it is completely fermented to dryness and is crystal clear, there's no way to know for sure how long it will take. Since people vary greatly on the recipe and their environments, not everyone will stick to the 4 week mark EdWort does.

well, since I used. Oder instead of apple juice, I'm not expecting it to clear up like juice would, I think I'm gonna do a gallon with juice tomorrow though. Since I have empty gallon jugs and extra wine yeast

Note to self, buy more juice, make more cider.
Note to self, set up automatic purchase plan to buy cider.
Buy more kegs.

yeah, kegerator .... i'm workin on it, but i'm not finding the parts at good prices (aka craigslist, ebay)

Back