5 gallon sankey keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tandom590

Reaction score
I know some breweries sell their beer in a size keg that is similar to the looks of the cornelius kegs but have a sankey top. My dad has a kegrator set up for sankey kegs and i would like to brew him some batches of beer. Where can i buy these type of kegs and what are they called.

I use sanke kegs for fermenting and serving, the 5.13gal varieties are called 1/6bbl kegs.

they call them sixel's (1/6th of a barrel). You can use them just like you would the soda kegs mentioned, but you still use the keg coupler. PBW and a carboy brush cleans the kegs right up.

here is a conversion kit that makes it a lot easier to remove the guts after removing the manufactures tamperproof ring the first time.
http://www.kegman.net/products/The-Original-KegMan-Kit-%2d-9000.html

That's pretty cool!

If dad doesn't want to lose his Sanke capability it might be possible to run a parallel line with these fittings and a simple switch valve.

That's actually the point. This will allow you to put the homebrew-style fittings on his lines and have attachments to his Sanke coupler that will connect straight to those fittings. Using this kit *won't* cause him to lose his Sanke capability, it will make it easy to use either on the same lines.

Back