4th of July? Canada Day? Weekend plans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBT_Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here is going to be at a party or throw a party for the respective holidays?
Do you like crowds for an event such as these days, or do you prefer less crowded places.

I'm the type that does not do crowds so I may watch fireworks from a distance.

Tomorrow after work will be at a gathering of friends at a buddies place, small group maybe 20 adults and probably similar amount of kids. A pool, lots of food, good beer, of course some homebrew, games and such. Small fireworks for the kids. Sunday is a bbq at the neighbor's pool, same basic idea but more adult driven, more beer, and I'll be setting off some mild explosives. This is my favorite holiday, I enjoy the friends, family, and celebrating.

July 4th happens to be my birthday! Pre-pandemic we would cookout and watch the fireworks from the back yard with friends...these days with a move to a new location and two more children we'll still be cooking out but just us and watching the fireworks from the river bend!

Hah! I'm breaking in a new 2.1L 115hp 4 stroke Mercury outboard up nawth in Cow Hampster's White Mtns. Ain't no crowds to get in my way - or for me to bother - way up here.

20220701_134103.jpg

Did see a couple of baldies looking for lunch - a distant video attempt...

.... and did a little fishing and c&r'd a couple of bass.

Tomorrow's a washout so a curl up with an e-book day, will finish the break-in Sunday. Not sure where I'll be on the 4th yet...

Cheers!

Last edited:
"If it Blows Up or Goes Up It's Illegal in *insert city here*" is the norm in Washington any more, at least the West side. Last year was the last one where we could light off the fun stuff, legally, in our town. Not that it's stopping anyone; our youngest dog is already freaking out a bit over some boombooms we've been hearing. Tomorrow we're taking the dogs to walk in our friend's neighborhood parade (she's a huge advocate for rescue pets, and spends a vast majority of her spare time driving around looking for lost pets), then have some hot dogs and visiting time. Then it's home to make a ridiculous amount of devilled eggs to share with the nice neighbors, sit around a firepit, and make bets on how many times the cranky other neighbors will call the cops. I usually open the garage to the neighbors so they can partake of my homebrew if they want, as well.

Mission Accomplished on a spectacular day! Got the 10 hour break-in done - total run time hours is second from the bottom (yes, my outboard will spill its guts via Bluetooth. It's a brave new digital world out here! :D)

20220703_134739.jpg

The Moore Dam impound on the CT River was chock full o' boaters having a great day. I had the pleasure of ferrying someone out to their boat after they launched it without anyone holding a line on it - it simply floated away from the launch without a care in the world. Hilarious! :D

Tomorrow an oil and filter change and this beast of an outboard is ready to rock. Heading to the Outer Cape on Friday for our annual Family Cape Week. Get a little fishing in and hope to check out the seals vs Great White Shark action 'round Monomoy...

Cheers!

Back