3D Printed Stir Plate Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoNothing

Reaction score
vHidu6d.jpg

Finished build, 3 running.

rbrnulz.jpg

All the parts I need. I went with a pretty dang fast (2300RPM) 120mm fan. Speed controller is off Amazon and the rest is 3D printed or screws

I1sPWtN.jpg

Getting everything all wired up and into the shell

Iv2zQUE.jpg

Bought 5/8"x1/4" magnets off McMaster for I think $8 per. They're over kill, I could have gone with something weaker. These will pull the stir bar in from anywhere. I glue them to the shell I designed to fit on the fan so they're centered.

mYTSboi.jpg

There we go, glued on the fan and perfectly centered.

ZcqDNRe.jpg

#6 screws and some washers for adjustable spacing.

DcRFs4G.jpg

Wire the fan up and trim the screws

aczX92L.jpg

Here's a video of them running:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp8B72q5c4U[/ame]

The dang stir bar in the 5L has a pivot ring making it loud as freaking hell.

I love the magnet holder! That solves a lot of tedious work trying to balance the magnets to get a wobble free spin. It a much more elegant solution to what I did. :)

would you be willing to share the files for the magnet holder? you know.. in case I can get my hands on a person with a printer who has no idea what i'm talking about but willing to print for me?

That would be reeeeaallllyyyy raaaaaddd....

Thanks!

I also would like to get the .stl files. Finished building my 3d printer recently. Also why did you use a rubber band on the fan?

Back