3724 Saison good news, but a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taurean

Reaction score
I have found all the threads on Wyeast 3724 saison to be very helpful.

Mine started within 11 hours, airlock activity quit within 24 hours, I kicked it out to my shed (90 degrees) brought it back in, put it in an Igloo Ice Cube with a heat blanket, kept the temp at 85-90 degrees, and it reached 1.008 in just 12 days! This was my target FG. At this point I saw no bubbles on top so I racked it to the secondary. It tasted so good at this point I can't wait until it's done!

Anyway, the ambient room temp it 78 degrees, cooler than my primary fermentation. The day after I racked it to the secondary I started getting a bubble a minute in the airlock. It's been 9 days now and it's holding strong to one bubble every 2 minutes. I am guessing since it is cooler than primary and it's been so long, this is not just CO2 being released, right? (How low will it go!)

I don't want to bottle too soon, but I'm not sure how much lower it can get since I already met my target FG. If I bottle it and I still have some AL activity how much of a chance am I taking of getting bottle bombs at this point?

Leave it a few weeks and see what happens. I have a Brett (primary yeast) going; it reached FG of 1.008 and cleared nicely in 3 weeks. I dry-hopped in preparation for bottling, and off it went with a bubble every 20 or so seconds for a few weeks and got cloudy again. It's clearing again, and will be bottling in a couple of weeks; 10 weeks in all.

Sometimes things happen, just be patient.

Latest posts

Back