30 Liter keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErieShores

Reaction score
One of my coworkers finds this at a garage sale for $10 for me without my knowledge. So now I have to find a use for it. Has anyone ever used one of these to boil in? It's almost 8 gallons but really slender and I might have a difficult time getting my chiller in. Any suggestions?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm looking for that size keg, intact... Looking to ferment in them, not brew in them. Perfect size for a 5-1/4 to 6 gallon batch with top cropping yeast and not need to worry about blow-off... I really want them to brew my bigger beers so that I'll have closer to 5 gallons come bottling day.

Interested in selling it? How much to ship to zip 01760??

Thank you for the response, it appears fermenting vessel is the way to go. I received the pm's and I'll admit I am not interested in selling at this point but your interest is noted and will be taken into consideration if I do decide to sell.

Yeah fermenting in that would be nice. I went to a old 10G corny that I can't get parts for any longer and I won't go back to using anything else as a primary. Some beers I secondary some I don't. You could probably trim the spear, primary in that keep the PSI to a set amount using a regulator so the beer stays somewhat carbonated then either bottle straight from there with a wand or whatever.

Back