30-06 IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtbrewer403

Reaction score
Awhile ago I got this idea "beer by the caliber" when I accidentally created a recipie that turned out 7.62% and 51 IBUS. I realized that was the metric for a .308 caliber rifle. I don't remember the recipie cause it was just random left over stuff I was throwing together but that got me thinking there might be something to this. and so I created this for the 30-06, which would be 7.62% and 64 IBUS. (recipie is for one gallon)

2 lbs Maris Otter
.17 lb Crystal 30
.16 lb Victory
.25 lb Belgian Candi Sugar

3.7 g Chinook @60
2.8 g Chinook @45
3.4 g Chinook @5
2.8 g Chinook @ 0

5 g Nottingham yeast

I don't usually measure hops in grams but the scale that measure ounces by the tenths and hundredths was non functional so had to improvise.

this turned out better than I was hoping, exactly like an old style English IPA, which ive been trying to do since I first started brewing so definently a success

Awhile ago I got this idea "beer by the caliber" when I accidentally created a recipie that turned out 7.62% and 51 IBUS. I realized that was the metric for a .308 caliber rifle. I don't remember the recipie cause it was just random left over stuff I was throwing together but that got me thinking there might be something to this. and so I created this for the 30-06, which would be 7.62% and 64 IBUS. (recipie is for one gallon)

2 lbs Maris Otter
.17 lb Crystal 30
.16 lb Victory
.25 lb Belgian Candi Sugar

3.7 g Chinook @60
2.8 g Chinook @45
3.4 g Chinook @5
2.8 g Chinook @ 0

5 g Nottingham yeast

I don't usually measure hops in grams but the scale that measure ounces by the tenths and hundredths was non functional so had to improvise.

this turned out better than I was hoping, exactly like an old style English IPA, which ive been trying to do since I first started brewing so definently a success
7.62 x 51 is a NATO round...sounds good too.

Latest posts

Back