3 tap kegerator that is tall enough - please help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeffLover

Reaction score
I'm getting myself 3 tap free standing dispenser/kegerator, and there must be something wrong with the way I approach this...

After asking friends/reading online - I need help! I'd like to get kegerator that:
1) fits three pony kegs (1/6 gallon) (this - EdgeStar KC3000SSTRIP - seems to fit the bill as per product description BUT reviewer on Amazon says - NO it won't fit)
2) it needs to be tall enough to be able to fit 1/6 kegs with Type A coupler (or, for that matter, the tallest coupler + keg assembly)
3) it should have 3 tap lines
4) It does NOT have to be outside capable (I will store in basement), does not have to be super quiet/compact, either size would work (plenty of space in the basement), and be not uber expensive (ideally below $1k but I'm willing to pay $ for a quality and less hassle).

I cannot find any good material on the subject :( I've searched this forum and alike forums as well... please help:
a) any pointers on what I should buy? I'm happy to get just links that I will read myself, or, even better, please give me models that you had good experience with
b) manufacturers you'd recommend me calling to ask
c) is this perhaps unsolvable task? If so - should I go with 2 tap kegerator (and require two pony kegs to fit)?

Thank you very much for any help/guidance you can give me!

15282353422472397017692656046979.jpg
I've got the insignia kegerator from best buy...

I added the different tower and it will fit 3 sixtel kegs ....

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...-Q8JniXecVDVVsILEnBoCNt0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The tower is a Krome brand tower with perlick faucets and an add a tap Krome brand as well...

You'll need a 3 port co2 block or 3 gauge regulator...

The factory regulator is a crap shoot...I got a good one that I kept as a spare or to use for picnics etc , but you should plan on getting a taprite or similar quality regulator.

Last edited:
@universalfrost - thank you! I don't think above will be tall enough to hold 1/2 keg with European coupler, no? Also, isn't there a read-made solution that has all of this in it (so I don't have to go do-it-yourself route with replacing tower etc)? I don't mind paying a bit $ to avoid the hustle...

this is made for regular kegs so it will be tall enough internally for the sixtels (i run both sixtel and pin lock kegs and swap them out all the time depending on which goes empty and what I've got kegged and carbed )

the tower with 3 taps can be purchased online for under 175.. the distribution block for CO2 or a 3 port regulator can easily be purchased online.. the new couplers are dirt cheap (i prefer micromatic couplers) ... you'll have a nice setup for under $600 if you catch the kegerator on sale (they have it on sale every 30 to 45 days) and everything else can be bought new from the major retailers (and also the sponsors here like kegconnection etc... )

Thank you again. Before I dive head first into this fun DYI project I'd like to explore alternatives of buying it sort of ready-made...

Latest posts

Back