3 piece ball valve end cap. What's it called?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinstriplin

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 3 piece ball valve with a npt thread on one side and a tri clamp on the other side. I want both sides to be tri clamp and I'm having a tough time finding the part I need to buy. Does anyone know where I can get another tri clamp end without buying a whole new ball valve? What is this part even called?

edit: added words to be more clear

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    149 KB · Views: 35
I believe the OP wants to convert the pictured valve into an in-line valve like the below by replacing the NPT end plate with one bearing a TC flange.

1590871134707.png

As I don't think there are any standards on these valve bodies and the "ball" has to work with the original TC end and any replacement TC part for the other side, one may have to go to the source. Or just buy a new TC valve, which is likely to be much easier...

Cheers!

I'm not aware of any company that sells the ends to ball valves. Even if they did, it would have to be the vendor that sold you that valve specifically as its machining is not trivial.

Damn, ok. Thanks for the answers guys. I guess I can stop wasting my time trying to find this part then.

Really appreciate the answers!

Damn, ok. Thanks for the answers guys. I guess I can stop wasting my time trying to find this part then.

Really appreciate the answers!

If you have to buy a new valve, then I would look at this.

TC15_2PBV_EZ-2T.jpg

Instead of the 4 bolts to hold it together, you have a single triclamp. I ordered one the other day so I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.

If you have to buy a new valve, then I would look at this.

TC15_2PBV_EZ-2T.jpg

Instead of the 4 bolts to hold it together, you have a single triclamp. I ordered one the other day so I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.
Damn, that thing is sexy. I didn't know anything like that existed.

Back