2nd batch - No airlock activity but fermenting!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregsky

Reaction score
I brewed my 2nd batch ever last night - Mike's American Amber extract kit from morebeer. Woke up this morning to check the fermenter (bucket) and saw that there wasnt any bubbles at all in the airlock. I checked the beer level through the bucket and saw that there was krausen , and when I put my ear up to the bucket I can hear bubbling so I know its fermenting. I even went as far as to tape a plastic garbage bag around the seal of the bucket to make sure that no C02 would get out - but to no avail.

Im njot really worried, I just would like the satisfaction of seeing the bubbles :)

gregsky said:
Im njot really worried, I just would like the satisfaction of seeing the bubbles :)

Add a 6.5 gallon carboy to your brewery. It's fun and I find myself sitting next to the carboys just to watch them bubble and churn. I know it's geeky but why not enjoy ever part of this hobby.

sometimes buckets don't wanna seal. not a real big problem for primary since its venting a lot of CO2, the beer is protected.

Latest posts

Back