2nd attempt Tropical Twisted Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttifyd35

Reaction score
So my first attempt was using arnold palmer half and half, pineapple juice, mango juice, and peach juice. I then added 2 1/2 lbs of sugar and ended up getting around 12%abv. Pitched champagne yeast.
Now, im doing things a little differently. Im going to use the same ingredients except im not going to add any sugar and im going to use nottingham ale yeast. Hope to see an improvement in taste as well as sweetness. Anyone have any pointers?

So my first attempt was using arnold palmer half and half, pineapple juice, mango juice, and peach juice. I then added 2 1/2 lbs of sugar and ended up getting around 12%abv. Pitched champagne yeast.
Now, im doing things a little differently. Im going to use the same ingredients except im not going to add any sugar and im going to use nottingham ale yeast. Hope to see an improvement in taste as well as sweetness. Anyone have any pointers?

I'm confused. :confused: Are you fermenting Kombucha or making wine? Although I have limited experience making Kombucha (about 1 year) I have 10+ years making wine and your description sounds like wine making.

I ferment tea with Scobys into Kombucha and then add the flavouring; like your Arnold Palmer + pineapple + mango. I use lemon and ginger for mine but always flavour after the Kombucha has reached the desired finish.

Paul

Its more the less trying to replicate the now duscontinued Tropical flavored Twisted Tea. It is more the less a 5% abv alternative to beer. I know some areas arent familiar with the Twisted Tea brand.

Latest posts

Back