24days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halbrust

Reaction score
Is 24 days a possible time frame to get a session stout from grain to glass? Including bottle carbing?

I know I should have started it earlier, but if I'm doing it it needs to be done by 11/20

Is 24 days a possible time frame to get a session stout from grain to glass? Including bottle carbing?

I know I should have started it earlier, but if I'm doing it it needs to be done by 11/20

Probably not. It may take two to three weeks to carb up in the bottle.

If kegging, and using non-complex ingredients and not a lot of roast, it should be doable. Roasty beers sometimes take a bit longer to smooth out than beers without roast, but 20 days at room temperature could do it. The issue with bottling is just that it won't have time to carb up and smooth out.

It can be done. Ferment for 5-6 days, which should be enough time with a session stout and healthy yeast pitch. Bottle and condition for the rest of the time. You can speed up bottle conditioning by storing the filled bottles in a warm place. Might even considered swirling the bottles around to stir the yeast up to get it to work faster. You should have no problem having fully carbed beer in 24 days.

I probably wouldn't try. If your yeast is quick to finish it could ferm & carb quickly though.

I think you can do it, but you might not love the beer. Pitch a ton of yeast from an active starter to reduce lag time. Ferment at the higher end if the strains temp range. Store bottles warmer if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Mashing now.
10oz Maris Otter
6oz popped pop corn
2oz Crystal 60
2oz Pale chocolate malt
1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa powder

Obviously a one gallon batch.

Starting gravity 1.036.
Pitched a whole packet of US05 this morning 10/28/14 at 6:15AM

Latest posts

Back