220V 35L Robobrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldpaddy

Reaction score
I ordered one recently. We'll see if I get it...

How do you guys like yours? Any tips or tricks?

I have the 110v model, and kinda wish I had the 220v. I like it...just slow to heat. I don’t have another way to heat water in the garage. So what I do is to boil 8 gallons, and draw off 5 into a cooler. That leaves 3 in the vessel, to which I add a gallon of cold to bring down the temperature. I then add the grain to mash. The water in the cooler is about the right temp by the time I’m ready to sparge.

Yeehaw!!! It just came in!
Unfortunately the grain mill won't be showing up until tomorrow. So no first brew until at least Saturday.
A set of instructions on how to put it together would've been nice. Oh well. Thank god for the internet and youtube.

@highland_brewer I'll be watching your video for 30th through 50th time over the next few days. Good man for the vids! Much appreciated!

Grrrrrr
Here's a tip. Make sure you have a 6-30r receptacle or adapter. I just realized the plug won't fit my dryer or range outlet. I just had to order an adapter so I could use my dryer outlet.

Had my first all grain brew today. I'd say I had a stuck sparge, or close to it. Took a long time for it to drain out of the malt pipe and I wasn't able to recirculate for long. I'm guessing I ground the malt too fine with my evil twin mill. I did the gap so it would grasp a credit card, but still allow me to move it up and down. Which was a hair under .5.
I also either added too much water or the boil amount was off in the directions for a sammy smith nut brown ale kit. The directions called for a 60min boil down, but it ended up being closer to 2 hours for approx 5.5gal.

Glad you were able to try it. Overall I have really enjoyed using my Robobrew. It has led to me brewing more. Of course, the pandemic has had something to do with that too.

I find that the malt pipe drains slowly. It may require a less fine setting on the mill. But we always try to push what we can get away with, right? My last batch was nearly stuck also. I've only had one that was truly stuck. I had to dump the entire malt pipe of grain into the cooler that was my old mash tun, and let it drain from there. I usually start out boiling at least 6, sometimes 6.5+ gallons. It's hard to tell how much has drained into the kettle, since the malt pipe is in the way. I don't try to measure how much sparge water I use...just watch how full the kettle is and add more if I think I need to. Occasionally I overshoot. At this point I'm kind of in a routine and don't sweat it.

Enjoy the journey. Cheers.

Back