2020 Tokyo Olympics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmarsh544

Reaction score
My wife and I are heading to the Olympics in Tokyo in 2020. I am reaching out to the collective group here to see if anyone has any hotel idea or potential insight into finding some lodging. It seems like everything is sold out right now or, from talking with the hotels will slowly come on the market, but they won’t say when.

If we like if I can lock in the lodging, the rest will be easier and more fun to plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers~

I'm going there next month. Airbnb seemed the best for is pricewise but I imagine it's gonna be super pricey during the Olympics. Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I will look at Airbnb’s but I’m a little uneasy about possible getting scammed. Let me know if you discover any gems or helpful info when you get back. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the reply. I will look at Airbnb’s but I’m a little uneasy about possible getting scammed. Let me know if you discover any gems or helpful info when you get back. Have a great trip!
I was also nervous about using airbnb but the hotels are just way too expensive and I'm bringing the mother in law so I'd need 2 rooms. I'll report back if it doesn't work out. Cheers

I was also nervous about using airbnb but the hotels are just way too expensive and I'm bringing the mother in law so I'd need 2 rooms. I'll report back if it doesn't work out. Cheers

I spent 3 weeks in Japan carte blanche. Stayed in the finest rooms of the finest hotels, ate the fattiest tuna up and down the island chain, traveled 1st class on bullet train. Best trip ever. My favorite towns: Kyoto, then Nagano.

I spent 3 weeks in Japan carte blanche. Stayed in the finest rooms of the finest hotels, ate the fattiest tuna up and down the island chain, traveled 1st class on bullet train. Best trip ever. My favorite towns: Kyoto, then Nagano.
Nice it's my first time and expecting to have a great time. My wife is from Tokyo and moved to Canada in grade school. She's super excited. Cheers

Most polite, courteous country (except for noodle houses, which sound like a bunch of pigs at a trough).

But don't point at people with your chopsticks - that, I found out, is pretty bad for reasons unknown.

If you're a reader and want a fun blast into old Kyoto, read Memoirs of a Geisha.

Just a little update as im currently in Tokyo. Our airbnb is in Shinjuku and worked out great. It's a AMAZING place. I've traveled to many many places and I think it's my new favorite. I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as getting scammed. Cheers

Back