2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys said it, i didn't

I don't want to jinx it

I was there in 98, games 3 & 4 to watch them get swept by the Wings

Part of me is still worried about the Kings. Yes they're down 3-1, but that has in the past been right about when they start fighting to the bitter end and somehow winning the Cup...

Nah - they did too much already. For them to win the Cup, they have to limp in as like a 6-8 seed. Like the NY Football Giants.

Fully expect the Wings to leave the ice dejected and tired after tonight's game. They just can't sustain enough defense to help the goalie, and the Power Play is practically non-existent. The opposition gets to get away with a lot more when they aren't afraid of paying for it on the PK.

I wish we could go to a game 7, but I don't see it happening.

I'll be in Amelie stadium tonight to wave goodbye to our friends from Detroit. Man I hope the bolts win. Bishop has been hot hot.

Hopefully I will get home in time to see the 2nd and 3rd periods. Being down 3-1 is not the best place to be, but teams come back from that sometimes.

Wow, that's priceless

Let's go Caps!

Who only let it go to 5 so they could finish it at home

We're gonna go with this.

The part that cracked me up was the local news (Fox 5) saying that while tickets up at Wells Fargo Center were cheap for last night, they advised against Caps supporters going. Probably because Philly sports fans are the only ones to come close to European football hooligans. Which I can respect ;)

Hopefully I will get home in time to see the 2nd and 3rd periods. Being down 3-1 is not the best place to be, but teams come back from that sometimes.

I made sure the DVR was set. My wife sent me a text saying she was able to stay up late with me tonight... Im sure she was thrilled when she found out she would be watching hockey again...

First double OT of the playoffs (which has been surprising...not much "extra hockey" yet). So tired.

Blah. No more hockey until after summer. And good chance Datsyuk won't be back.

Oh well, I've been enjoying watching the younger guys come into the game.

Might have to switch to watching the Pistons until they are knocked out. Ugh.

Wait! Grand Rapids Griffins are in their playoffs!

You were right, it was very very close. Five games decided by a point, three OT games, two double OT. The Panthers certainly looked better at times. I think Greiss rose to the challenge. I'm looking forward to the next round. Pens and Caps should be intense.

I may need my cardiologist's approval to watch

already made an appointment

My wife is already tired of me yelling at the tv... She hasn't seen anything yet haha.

If the caps can get better quality shots and ACTUALLY get someone in front of the net to get the dirty goals they'll have a chance at beating the Pens. They can't do the 44 shots on net with no one in front and actually expect to win in the playoffs. Philly isn't good, they just had a hot goalie for the past couple games, they're annoying and the Caps let them linger around. Can't do that with the Pens. The Caps have another level to their game that we all saw during the regular season. They're going to have to find that and get on it to win this. That and get some more production from other lines which did almost nothing last round. Here's to a good series, Go Caps! :mug:

My wife is already tired of me yelling at the tv... She hasn't seen anything yet haha.

If the caps can get better quality shots and ACTUALLY get someone in front of the net to get the dirty goals they'll have a chance at beating the Pens. They can't do the 44 shots on net with no one in front and actually expect to win in the playoffs. Philly isn't good, they just had a hot goalie for the past couple games, they're annoying and the Caps let them linger around. Can't do that with the Pens. The Caps have another level to their game that we all saw during the regular season. They're going to have to find that and get on it to win this. That and get some more production from other lines which did almost nothing last round. Here's to a good series, Go Caps! :mug:

Kuzy stopping napping will help.

Back