2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsaavedra

Reaction score
The 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs are starting this Wednesday and I can't wait to watch 2 months of the best and most intense hockey in the world. I'm really hoping to see the Washington Capitals go all the way this year!

Where are all the hockey fans at - I know you're out there! What teams are you rooting for? What are you brewing for the playoffs? How hyped are you!

Caps don't have a chance. The East-biased media has it's head up it's arse as usual. It will be Dallas or Anaheim. All I know for sure is the Blues will lose to the Hawks in 6. This is the only team in the West we (the Blues) can't beat.

nashville_predators_wallpaper.jpg

I haven't even watched any NHL this year. I was a bit surprised to see Nashville in it. I thought they were too many games behind to get in.

Caps don't have a chance. The East-biased media has it's head up it's arse as usual. It will be Dallas or Anaheim. All I know for sure is the Blues will lose to the Hawks in 6. This is the only team in the West we (the Blues) can't beat.

Whaaaaaat? No way. Caps have the best chance :cool: Really I just hope Philly doesn't beat them up too bad right off the bat (maybe Philly will wear themselves out first?) and make them sore for Pittsburgh or NYR.

Here's hoping you're wrong and the Blues beat the Hawks swiftly, I can't stand that team. I wouldn't be upset with Dallas going far in the West but I am definitely rooting for Minnesota!

Looking forward to watching the standard first round exit by the Wings this year. We just barely squeaked into the brackets, but 25 years in a row ain't bad!

Haha! I wouldn't mind watching them play for a while either, I have really enjoyed watching Howard play the few times I've watched wings games this season.

Huge, HUGE, HUGE Kings fan here. My team will either flame out early or go all the way. Seriously, whoever survives the first two rounds on the West Coast (Kings, Ducks, or even the Sharks...with no disrespect meant to Nashville) will be tough to beat.

In the East I think it's finally time for the Caps - they went and got Justin Williams so that's got to get them somewhere.

Go Kings Go!

Wings snuck in as per normal the past few seasons. I'm cautiously hopeful they can mind the defense in their own end and get good clearing passes and build the offense from that. If they can do that, and shoot more, I think they can be competitive.

And we'll have to see which Goalie is going to help them in the playoffs. I'm kind of glad Howard has been better again. He's got a lot more experience. I just really hope the Defense can help whoever it is. Lot of young guys who need to learn to protect a lead and help the goalie.

And I see Boston pulled a Toronto this year by crapping out at the end of the season. Too bad. They had every chance to stay in it the past couple of weeks, but jus tlept losing.

Hawks fan. I'm at peace with the realization that there will be no cup this year. That's ok - the last six years have provided more than my fair amount of fandom joy. I'm just pissed that the Wings snuck their way in...yet again...

Hey Arturo - I hope you are wrong this year, for yourself, and for all other Blues fans. They've played the Hawks tough in the past several meetings... I hoping they can make it past round 1 for a change. Typically they fold like a cheap tent in a gale force wind... even after putting up great seasons...again and again and again.

GO BLUES!:rockin:

IMG_3835.JPG

Those awful jerseys tho:eek:

Anaheim's 3rd jerseys have got to be the ugliest uni's in the history of athletic competition.

They are better suited for a community service road detail.

They're so hideous I won't post a pic for fear the it would get the thread closed.

Proud Hawks fan since 2010 I suppose (like most of em). LGRW

It's all the Red Wings fans have left - the past, and "oh, bandwagon!". Like picking up fans by means of success / winning is a) avoidable and b) a bad thing. (Happened to the Red Wings).

Don't worry, the Hawks will be back in the Kyle Calder / Mark Bell days in the 2020s. Well, maybe not THAT bad now that Dollar Bill is long gone and we stole the Bowmans...

Funny story about bandwagon... (no offense to anyone as this can happen to any team)

My buddy (who wasnt even a hockey fan) was in Philly during the 2010 Cup on business, and came back a Flyers fan. I get it, he loved how the city rallied behind their team and it was a sport he didnt follow, so he started watching hockey. I remember his biggest reason for being a Flyers fan was "because he didnt want to bandwagon and be a Hawks fan, everyone is a Hawks fan..."

Fast forward to 2013 when he moved to Chicago, and he acts like the most die hard Hawks fan in the world. Believe me, he never lives it down.

Hope you enjoyed those regular season games Blues\Stars fans! Its crunch time now and you're in our world! Come on down and swim in the deep waters of NHL playoff hockey with a team full of guys who have full NHL seasons worth of playoff experience.

Go Hawks!

All bias aside, I am 50\50 on the Hawks chances. They still have the best player in hockey (Toews) and the guy playing the best hockey of his life (Kane) who can take over games shift after shift. If Crawford is healthy and can knock the rust off, they have a shot. Hawks are thin at the blue line and the Keith suspension makes it even worse, he's arguably the one guy you can't afford to lose. All in all, I still think the Hawks have a little of that 90's Yankees mystique to them. Everyone is going to give them their best shot and you might even get up on them a little but they won't be dead until the series is over and I'm not sure St. Louis (good as they've been this year) has a style that can outlast the Hawks. The more you chase them, the more you hit them, the longer they posses the puck and eventually that gets you beat. I like the Hawks in 6 against STL, after that...man, who knows.

Chicago native/ Hawks fan here. It's going to be a tough stretch with the injuries we had late in the season but the depth of talent is unmatched. Now, I just need to figure out how to sell this Bickell jersey...

Latest posts

Back