2016 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that entire batch. At this point, it's almost a badge of honor to live so close to SARA and miss all the releases. Fail so hard.

Still hoping my last two allotments are waiting for me on my next trip. Adair doesn't respond to my e-mails, I think she's tired of my ****. :-\

I'm going down this weekend, from SF via the 280...if they allow proxy pick up and I'm en route to you.

I'm going down this weekend, from SF via the 280...if they allow proxy pick up and I'm en route to you.

They do, and I've been asking Adair if I should set that up or if she'd hold them until I expected to be done traveling -- I haven't heard back. As luck would have it, however, I'll be in town this weekend.

Thank you, though!

They do, and I've been asking Adair if I should set that up or if she'd hold them until I expected to be done traveling -- I haven't heard back. As luck would have it, however, I'll be in town this weekend.

Thank you, though!
Just picked up my Q3 and Q4 box sunday. I has to Doug when I was picking up if it's a problem to have left the boxes there for so long and he said they don't really care at all. I was kinda sweating myself since it had been so long.

New Sante beer, hope we see a public release at Sante too?

P164KHc.jpg

Peter Hoey also ran Odonata Brewing in Sacramento, known for making a damn good saison before they went out of business, sadly before I turned 21.
I've seen some talk of Odonata Brewing's legendary "Rorie's Ale." A little discussion ensued in that thread. In my search, it looks like stupac2 has offered one for trade at some point in his thug life.

I've seen some talk of Odonata Brewing's legendary "Rorie's Ale." A little discussion ensued in that thread. In my search, it looks like stupac2 has offered one for trade at some point in his thug life.
I wonder why I didn't see this tag. Anyway, yes, Toronado sold like 6 at one of their anniversaries, as far as I know that was the first time it had been in the wild in years. But no one wanted it so I drank it. Still have the bottle, it's a pretty cool one.

I wonder why I didn't see this tag. Anyway, yes, Toronado sold like 6 at one of their anniversaries, as far as I know that was the first time it had been in the wild in years. But no one wanted it so I drank it. Still have the bottle, it's a pretty cool one.
That's a pretty big exaggeration. It was sold out before I got through the line.

I think he was saying no one wanted it when offered for trade - not that no one wanted it at the anni.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That makes more sense. They were out of everything but T25 and B1 Parabola when I got to the front. I did get a Temptation B4, though, which was incredible. They also have B3(?) Sanctification and 2010 Cable Car, I think? Very limited quantities of those and Rorie's.

That makes more sense. They were out of everything but T25 and B1 Parabola when I got to the front. I did get a Temptation B4, though, which was incredible. They also have B3(?) Sanctification and 2010 Cable Car, I think? Very limited quantities of those and Rorie's.
Yeah, I think Rorie's sold out after only a few people (though, hilariously, Chussain and his mules passed on it, not knowing what it was), but that post elicited pretty much crickets.

I also know that Hoey still has some, or at least did until recently, he brought a couple bottles to the Eclipse party a few years back. (At least I think it was him, I didn't really talk to him but someone else said he was the Odonata brewer.)

Yeah, I think Rorie's sold out after only a few people (though, hilariously, Chussain and his mules passed on it, not knowing what it was), but that post elicited pretty much crickets.

I also know that Hoey still has some, or at least did until recently, he brought a couple bottles to the Eclipse party a few years back. (At least I think it was him, I didn't really talk to him but someone else said he was the Odonata brewer.)

Everytime I run into Peter, he always has a pour of Rorie's Ale for me. He's gotta have a stash of it still, and it's still drinking damn good even back in December.

He does still have some. I got to try some of the bottle he brought last night. It's really a great beer.

Ps, if you still have some let me know ;)

41st Ave Liquor in Santa Cruz had cases of Rorie's Ale back in the day for something like $11.99. Unfortunately I only grabbed one bottle, thanks Obama.

Had a few pours of Hoeybier last night. It's awesome! It seems like they are going to do a small release at SARA. Apparently there were only 4 kegs. 2 were tapped during SFBW, one last night, and one for the brewery.

Also, had a pour of Rorie's last night. It is drinking amazingly.

I looked at this out of curiosity because of my upcoming trip, Google was reporting an accident. But my question remains...is traffic on 17 usually bad? I will be driving from Capitola to Los Gatos on a Friday afternoon/early evening, most likely right around rush hour. I'd think there would be more people coming from their jobs in the valley to their homes on the coast...but what do I know? I assume traffic is bad everywhere in California, all the time. :mad:

I looked at this out of curiosity because of my upcoming trip, Google was reporting an accident. But my question remains...is traffic on 17 usually bad? I will be driving from Capitola to Los Gatos on a Friday afternoon/early evening, most likely right around rush hour. I'd think there would be more people coming from their jobs in the valley to their homes on the coast...but what do I know? I assume traffic is bad everywhere in California, all the time. :mad:

17 is especially horrible. It's windy as hell, Santa Cruz drivers are really slow/bad, and there's way too many people living in the area now to the point that it overwhelms the roads.

My experience, as somebody that often drove in the opposite direction at that time (damn SARA and their Friday bottle releases), is that there rarely is any traffic going from Capitola to Los Gatos in the afternoon. It's all going the other way.

Don't worry you were right initially. Traffic going north in the afternoon is not nearly as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back