2016 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we'll have time this trip, but I might as well ask about surfing. I'm not looking to drop in on any locals at Steamer Lane, but a kook-friendly tourist beach would be ideal.

I grew up a block away from this place. Gave me the creeps passing by it. Never saw a single person there. Is everything pretty modern inside?

It's a pretty nice place actually. Had family stay there a few years back and they loved it.

I grew up a block away from this place. Gave me the creeps passing by it. Never saw a single person there. Is everything pretty modern inside?
Modern enough. It's not sketchy at all, no idea why it would've given you the creeps.

I don't think we'll have time this trip, but I might as well ask about surfing. I'm not looking to drop in on any locals at Steamer Lane, but a kook-friendly tourist beach would be ideal.
If you eat at Manresa you might as well surf at Manresa. Hit me up if you decide to surf and want to borrow a board and we can crack a few bottles.

If you eat at Manresa you might as well surf at Manresa. Hit me up if you decide to surf and want to borrow a board and we can crack a few bottles.

Awesome. My board is pretty easy to travel with (it's a 5'9 Lib tech) but I'd likely leave it behind and be looking to borrow or rent. I assume you need a light wetsuit in this area even in June?

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I'm going to discuss with my girlfriend but we'll probably be staying at the Toll House in Los Gatos or the Hilton Scott's Valley that first night. Super psyched for this trip and to explore a part of California I haven't been to since driving through on my move out here nine years ago. Oh, and to visit SARA.

Where were you the last few months? Cellarman B4 bottles were on the board for awhile...

I missed that entire batch. At this point, it's almost a badge of honor to live so close to SARA and miss all the releases. Fail so hard.

Still hoping my last two allotments are waiting for me on my next trip. Adair doesn't respond to my e-mails, I think she's tired of my ****. :-\

I missed that entire batch. At this point, it's almost a badge of honor to live so close to SARA and miss all the releases. Fail so hard.

Still hoping my last two allotments are waiting for me on my next trip. Adair doesn't respond to my e-mails, I think she's tired of my ****. :-\
To be fair, everyone is tired of your ****.

First time in a while I've been to SARA without a release, I forgot how nice it is to be there when it's not balls-to-neckbeard. This batch of Maiden Fields is great, wish I had gotten some bottles.

In case it doesn't happen, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty confident that I read that another fruited Lucybelle was being bottled when I was there last. I really hope that proves to be the case, because I'd really like to try one.
Just curious where you "read" this when you were there....?

Let me know if you want bottles, or let's just hang out.

giphy.gif

To be fair, everyone is tired of your ****.

First time in a while I've been to SARA without a release, I forgot how nice it is to be there when it's not balls-to-neckbeard. This batch of Maiden Fields is great, wish I had gotten some bottles.

Guess I missed you yesterday. Hope you had some of the Bernice as it was very good.

Just curious where you "read" this when you were there....?
The big production calendar on the wall in the back room—the one that becomes overflow seating during weekends—has a list on the side titled "bottled" (or maybe "to be bottled"). I snuck a peek last time I was there. The handwriting wasn't super legible, so yeah—don't quote me in case I misread some whiteboard jottings after too many pours of Bernice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back