2016 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Wrigley parking at your dog for being up on the barrel? It sounds like something he might not tolerate. LOL

XWSovbe.png

"I will take four Farmhouse Noirs, too."

"Wait, what!?! Why not?"

"I am not a mule, just a dag"

Also, first time meeting Hazel. What a cool ass dog. Never seen a Swedish Vallhund.

Are the owners of the pig that is brought in regulars? Because it was quite fantastic seeing a pet pig the few weeks ago when I was there.
I've seen it many times too. I don't know them personally, but I really appreciate what they're doing.

I have a question! Im been searching for a sante beer for a long while and am starting to think its not out there. Anybody in here have any info on lucy black? Have tracked down blue but not the other

I have a question! Im been searching for a sante beer for a long while and am starting to think its not out there. Anybody in here have any info on lucy black? Have tracked down blue but not the other
There were sub 200 bottles of that release, and it was on a random Tuesday. It's pretty phenomenal. The last time I saw one was when Sante was raffling off beers for a fundraiser. Gonna be very hard to find.

Yeah been trying really hard for one for awhile the blue was a total suprise. Super awesome beer. If anyone has one FT in here lemme know! Ill make you happy!

Ah man, that beer was so damn delicious. Top 3 for me from SARA. Didn't realize how limited it was. GL Bernie.

Speaking of bottle counts, anyone know the bottle count of the latest Cask Strawberry?

Yeah been trying really hard for one for awhile the blue was a total suprise. Super awesome beer. If anyone has one FT in here lemme know! Ill make you happy!
In case it doesn't happen, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty confident that I read that another fruited Lucybelle was being bottled when I was there last. I really hope that proves to be the case, because I'd really like to try one.

Just booked a trip to the area for June. Staying in Monterey the second two nights but need a hotel in the Santa Cruz/Capitola area for the first night. I'm looking into the Hilton Scott's Valley since it's closer to Los Gatos (we are splurging for dinner at Manresa, regardless of whether or not they still have Mercy Mercy :cool:). Any recommendations? Capitola Hotel and Capitola Venetian are both booked up.

If you're looking at Capitola check out the Inn at Depot Hill or there's a Quality Inn. Vacation rentals are another option. I can point you to at least one of those in Santa Cruz if you're interested.

Just booked a trip to the area for June. Staying in Monterey the second two nights but need a hotel in the Santa Cruz/Capitola area for the first night. I'm looking into the Hilton Scott's Valley since it's closer to Los Gatos (we are splurging for dinner at Manresa, regardless of whether or not they still have Mercy Mercy :cool:). Any recommendations? Capitola Hotel and Capitola Venetian are both booked up.

The Hilton is a nice looking hotel, never been there, but it's definitely the most convenient, nice spot in SC county to Los Gatos. There may be airbnb's in Capitola that you could stay in. If you want to go more the resort route, there's The Chaminade which is quietly tucked up in the foot of the SC mountains. Or you could go out to Aptos to the Seascape Resort. Can't go wrong with staying in Capitola though; pretty short walk to Sante. Everything on the east side of Santa Cruz is a little farther in regards to Manresa though.

Eat at Aptos BBQ.

Rib sandwich on garlic bread. Large size.

I'm a pescatarian....:oops: Any other good lunch options would be welcome!

I'd really love to stay at the Capitola Hotel but they said there's a wedding that weekend and there likely won't be any cancellations. Looked at Chaminade as well. I can get a corporate discount there or at the Hilton, so I'm leaning in that direction. Inn at Depot Hill looks good and in a better location, but rooms are $329+.

I'm a pescatarian....:oops: Any other good lunch options would be welcome!

I'd really love to stay at the Capitola Hotel but they said there's a wedding that weekend and there likely won't be any cancellations. Looked at Chaminade as well. I can get a corporate discount there or at the Hilton, so I'm leaning in that direction. Inn at Depot Hill looks good and in a better location, but rooms are $329+.
The Chaminade was probably the tits back in the 70s, but it hasn't changed a hell of a lot since. Was not my favorite hotel to stay at.

Why not stay in Los Gatos? Sante won't be open after you're done with dinner, and you'll probably not want to move much anyway. Los Gatos sucks when it comes to beer, but the lack of a drive would be a strong plus.

My wife and I did a mini-vacation down there last summer and this place was great: http://www.yelp.com/biz/babbling-brook-inn-santa-cruz

Did you read the part where he said they're eating at Manresa? ;)

That is certainly a treat for us. I do enjoy a nice dinner out, and there will be other nice dinners on this trip, but I don't make three michelin star $230 tasting menu dinners a habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back