2010 Bigfoot is on the loose!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have a case and a half left... I intentionally don't open the close they're sitting in... if I hold off a little while more I can drink green bigfoot to my hearts content...and stockpile another two cases...

Jealous here.

I got one bottle of it to try, liked it, went back to the store to get more and it was ALL GONE!

Hmm, I think I have about four bottles of this in the back of my closet as well, along with a couple of equally aged North Coast Old Stock Ales. I also believe I've got one of each of the Sierra Nevada anniversary beers back there, as well as last year's Jubel Ale...must...resist...temptation!!!

I bought my 2010 a few months ago, and went back for more but all gone. The funny thing , I was just up in Northern Michigan and asked where could I get a 6 pack of Michigan Microbrew. One guy tells me Bob's Party store. So I went there and on the shelf was one dusty six pack of 2009 Big Foot. I told him this is old beer and he sold it to me for $9.99. Got em. Thought I would share.

There is a shop in Wakefield, RI that still has 1+ case of 2010 for 12.xx a sixer... I glance at it everytime I go in, but I remind myself that I already have some...

Just found a place here in RI sitting on 4 cases of 2010 Big Foot (~$44/ea) and 5 (now 4) Cases of Brooklyn 2010 Monster Ale (~$40/ea!!!!)

Ahh, got a 6 pack of this finally. Won't buy it often for $12 a sixer, but it's nice. Now... to brew something like it.

Waiting a year is always good, but I'm sure the folks at SN want a product that is drinkable now. I have found that the flavor changes but remains very good for up to 5 years. After that it gets flat and oxidized. Come on by for a vertical tasting! I've got bottles going back to 1991.

oE55GHj1E2czXpKaqLlUG7MojLTPR8M6WoJbw72oJq0

I called their distributor for Orlando and the lady who answered didn't even know what I was talking about. She said they don't carry all their seasonals :mad:

Not yet. I asked at a few stores and they said they usually had them by now but no word this year when it will be released. I keep looking but I can only find 2010.

Been enjoying Bigfoot 2011 since Jan 20 and just bought some today here in St Louis. They are almost out.

WTF all I can find is dusty old 2010. Not that anything is wrong with that. I wonder if they got the 2011 in but are holding them back trying to push the 2010.

I've had the 2011 (got it a couple of weeks ago), it tastes like a weak (in terms of hop presence) IIPA to me. Only time I've ever had Big Foot so maybe it's better with age on it.

It gets smoother with age a year or more, but it's pretty dam god right now.
And it's barelywine, not meant to be real hoppy, if it was you wouldn't want to age it.

It gets smoother with age a year or more, but it's pretty dam god right now.
And it's barelywine, not meant to be real hoppy, if it was you wouldn't want to age it.

My point is that I don't think it tastes like a barleywine, it tastes like a weak IIPA because it has a lot of hop presence. I am no barleywine expert, I've had exactly two in my life but I didn't think it really fit the descriptions I had been seeing. Last time I went to my LHBS I asked the guy there to recommend a couple of the best barleywines he had in stock. He gave me Bigfoot and Bells Third Coast Ale. I enjoyed both but I preferred the Third Coast and felt that it was more what I was expecting from the style. It had a lot more complex flavor profile and I felt that Bigfoot was kind of a one trick pony. If anyone has suggestions for more quality barleywines I would love to hear them for my research purposes.:mug:

Back