2009 Christmas present thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got a few clothes, beer mug, Long Way Down, Long Way Around, and Race to Dakar DVD sets, and Robert Kiyosaki's cashflow board games. :rockin:

Dunno what the last one is but LWD and LWA are fantastic series, makes you ponder if you could do the same thing!

1. George Fix's "Principles of Brewing Science" = I'm going to have to refresh my chemistry
2. Friends in Chicago giving me a "free" Danby Kegerator they have in the garage taking up space
3. Faucet upgrade parts and a three-way manifold

Score!!!

Dave

A 10 gl SS pot
Food Saver vacuum sealer
And m brother brought me a bunch of beer from Florida , the DFhead 60,90,120 some Stone ruination, and some other IPA's

Barley Crusher Mill, Blichmann Beer Gun($100 MW Gift Cert.), "Designing Great Beers" & "Homebrewer's Bible". Really psyched, can't believe I was so spoiled! Got some cooking related items also, I'm thinking I'm going to be putting on a few pounds this year...

Barley Crusher
Recipe Book
Glass Pitcher and 6 Glass Mugs from Macy's. Thick, quality glass

...very nice

will be buying a gift for myself- Oxygenator

:rockin:

Got a bottle tree, and $150 from SWMBO's grandparents that I think I will use to buy a wort chiller and maybe a grain mill...
Just gotta figure out if doing my own grain will be worth it or not... I'd have to get a scales and a drill, not sure if I'll actually be saving money there for way too long.

The brewing related item Santa brought were a Taylor digital thermometer with a probe on a four-foot cord and a pair of rubber boots.

I got...

- Stainless Steel Baster
- Refractometer w/ ATC
- Dual Gauge CO2 Regulator
- 2 Perlick 525SS Faucets
- 4 Ball Lock Disconnects
- Paintball Canister Filler Adapter Hose and Valve
- "Radical Brewing" by Mosher

And after 7 months of work, my kegerator came home...:rockin:
[IMG="http://www.mainepumpkins.com/images/kegerator1.jpg"]
[IMG="http://www.mainepumpkins.com/images/kegerator2.jpg"]

charlie papazian's the complete joy of homebrewing.

Going to buy another book and a turkey frier. I am hoping to make the switch to AG brewing this year so further investments into that are likely to be made as well

For Christmas I got:
  • Keg disconnects
  • 6 Gal Better Bottle
  • 4x 525 Perlick Taps

Not necessarily a Christmas present, but today I bought:
  • 4 kegs from ChiCompany
  • Dual reg from Micromatic
  • Gas and beverage lines
  • Keg disconnects
  • Johnson Controller
  • Air distributors

So I just need to go buy the freezer, some wood, maybe a little laminate or travertine tile, and some wood stain and I should be good to go. I plan on doing a coffin box on top of the keezer with a bar-like top done on it.

I got three books: The Home Brewer's Answer Book, Clone Brews, and Homemade Root Beer, Soda & Pop (I think my wife and kids are trying to tell me something with this last one). I also got a bunch of cash from the family so I can start buying my all grain set up!:ban:

I got a new ale pale, star san, and the ingredients to brew an SNPA clone. :mug:

I got a Mr Beer kit. I'm kind of interested how this is going to turn out. I'll probably use some DME instead of the Booster, and maybe dry hop

IMG_00811.JPG

We don't usually do a lot of gifts, especially for the grown ups, but I scored a replacement thermometer, Designing Great Beers, and a BYO subscription.

Glad to see everyone here had a nice Christmas. I ended up getting a 25 ft 3/8 ID immersion chiller from SWMBO and a new dual guage, dual output regulator. The one I was using had a bad diaphragm, so I was basically using the Force in determining how much pressure I was using.

Installed the new regulator yesterday, bled off the excess pressure and pulled off a pint at 11psi. I must have been upwards of 16-20psi using "the force" because it is a trickle now compared to how it was before.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I got a 25' 3/8" copper immersion chiller for my 5 gallon batches from my parents, a kit from Northern Brewer for an English Pale Ale from my brother & sister in-law, and "The Naked Pint" by Perozzi and Beaune. It was a great day! The book has been a nice read so far, and I can't wait to get back home and brew with my new immersion chiller!

2 Bottles of Stone Ruination
1 Bottle of Stone Arrogant Bastard
(brought from Cali)
Digital stick thermometer
Tasting Beer Book - Randy Mosher

[NBR] Chicago FIRE Home Jersey !!!

Back