2009 Christmas present thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
I am getting a Barley Crusher Mill, a keggle, and a new 2l Flask. It is a very good year.

i have asked santa for a refractometer, a refrigerator temp control module and a beer thief. i doubt i'll actually get any of it, but i may get some cash that will go to purchase these items. online shopping is a bit over "santa's" head this year.

I am getting a right front fender and plastic lens turn signal for my Subaru form a repair shop

Unless I fix it myself, rewarding myself with a beer. Still need to find the lens at the junkyard though.

I think I will do pretty well.

Getting a keg setup with at least 5 kegs, a corona mill. A turkey fryer with 2 pots, 55 lbs of MO and 75 lbs of various other grains.

So far:

Another Love controller and probe (for a dorm fridge-to-yeast freezer conversion)
Two stir plates from brewershardware.com
extra stir bars
new driving gloves
new Croquet set
Oktoberfest nutcracker, and a brewer German smoker
Stocking stuffers

Speculating for future:
Lab glassware
other yeast management stuff (here's to hoping)
:mug:

My list this year consisted of everything I want for my keezer build that was under $100, so here's hoping...

Asked Santa for a refractometer and two perlick faucets. I guess we'll see if I've been good this year or not.

At this point, I don't have too many upgrades I can do that don't cost over $200, so I probably won't be getting anything.

Putting together a bulk grain and hops buy though for january/feb, so that can be a late bday present to myself. Right now we're up to about 20lbs of hops. Grain portion isn't too impressive yet at only 14 bags.

It's a really good year for brewing:

- 15 gallon MegaPot with ball valve and brewmometer
- 10 gallon beverage cooler and all the fittings I need to make a mash tun
- chest freezer and temperature controller

Yay! Going all-grain and starting to lager--that's one Merry Christmas!!

In other news, all of my relatives who drink beer are getting a six-pack of homebrew for Christmas. It includes two each of: Weizenbock, Scottish 80/-, and Double IPA. For the wimps, I'll sub the DIPA for some American Amber I have on hand.

my girlfriend said she just placed an order for an aubrins pid, 60amp ssr and 5500w ripp element. She told me she saw my posting in the brewing resolutions thread and said shed get me going on the electric system but good luck with the IPA's lol

Since my wife and I have no children we do not stand on ceremony and Christmas is whenever the "Santa" who wears brown and drives a brown truck shows up.

Brown santa has been bringing me x-mas ever since i got into the hobby back in march :D
nothing special for me anymore the rest of the year.. except visit my family back home.

2009 Xmas present thread, eh? Well I'm not getting a damn thing for Christmas! And I love it (seriously)! I am, however GIVING a whole fricken load of homebrew away for Christmas (and I love that even more)! Some pale ale, some brown porter, and some Scotch ale will make a lot of people very happy this year...

The beer related items on my Xmas list were a refractometer, a digital thermometer, a 1/2" autosiphon, a pond pump, and I also put together a list of about 10 different beer books that I'd like to have. I made sure SWMBO knows where my LHBS is at, I made her drive us there a few weekends ago so I could pick up some specialty grains while we were Xmas shopping for our folks and siblings.

I am getting a Barley Crusher Mill, a keggle, and a new 2l Flask. It is a very good year.

a barley crusher w/ 15 lb hopper mysteriously showed up on my doorstep today... to quote ice cube, "i gotta say it was a good day..."

40 qt Megapot w/ 2 ea 7/8" holes
False bottom for 32 qt Megapot (I already have the 32 qt Megapot)
6" weldless thermometer
2" weldless thermometer
2 ea weldless ball valve assemblies

Unfortunately it will take at least two OHBS to get all that.

Then I'll drill 2 ea 7/8" holes in the 32 qt pot, add the 6" thermometer and ball valve assy and make it a mash tun. The 40 qt pot will get the 2" thermometer and ball valve assy and be the kettle.

That 's all I need. Well...that and this paddleball set...and this lamp...and...:D

Stuff for my motorcycle... A rear stand, top case, frame sliders....

A drill (for turning my grain mill)

Whatever beer swag my lovely girlfriend gives me.

I'll be buying myself a 55# bag of light DME so that I can get back to brewing ASAP... a turkey fryer too, maybe...

Back