2 Gallon hefeweizen recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsigmon1103

Reaction score
So I'm fairly new to brewing and I've just started to trying to develop recipes. As I'm still getting an under standing on recipes this is what I have.

1# of Bavarian wheat DME
1# of Pilsen light DME

Haven't decided on hops, but I know I don't need much. Any suggestions?

Using the Mr. beer keg for ferm.

I am definitely not experienced enough, but I just tossed my primary into the fridge to cold crash a few minutes ago( I need to go grab a taste too). It was a bare bones plain 3.3# of Bavarian Wheat DME and 3.3# of Pilsen light DME with 1oz of Hallertau pitched and broken up. I thought for ****s n'giggles I would pitch .4 at 60 minutes, .3 at 30 and .3 at 20. I pitched tWyeast 3068 after the wort cooled to 70 degrees and it fermented around 70 degrees for the last 10 days. It smelled like bananas during fermentation and I hope those flavors come through.

hersbrucker is the right hops for a hefeweizen. i'd use .4-.5 for a 2 gallon at 60 minutes. no other hop additions are appropriate for a hefe

Latest posts

Back