2 Down, and more to go...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocketmaker

Reaction score
Well I got a home brew kit for my birthday about 3 weeks ago... and now I've brewed my first two batches of beer, a Sierra Nevada clone aptly named Hoppy BIrthday IPA, which is currently bottle conditioning. and an Irish Dry Stout, which I brewed yesterday. Sadly/gladly if feels like I'm getting the brewing bug, before I even sample the first fruits of this new found labor/love.

So beyond drinking commercial beers and waiting for the fruits... what's a new brewer to do, beyond brewing more beer?

I brewed every weekend for the first couple of months. Now I can see a pipeline forming...:D

I also can drink pretty fast.....:eek:

Start researching your next batch. Either that, or try to further educate yourself on the process of brewing so you can do something new or better on your next batch.

We started brewing a few weeks ago, did a Pale Ale, followed by a Honey Ale when we racked the Pale, Brewed a Cream Ale after bottling the Pale and Racking the Honey, Bottled the Honey, Racked the Cream Ale and brewed a Cream Stout and a basic American Ale and opened our first bottle of nicely carbonated Pale ale for our first sample.... this week, its brew another, Bottle the Cream Ale, Rack the American, and try the Honey for the first time.... Oh yeah, got a batch of Ed's Apple Wine going too..

so 6 brews in the pipeline, another joining it this week... and 1 bottle drank so far....

Um, could we be Brewaholics?

If you're new to brewing I'm assuming you still have some equipment that you need. Find some DIY projects to work on between brews. Theres tons of good ideas on here....... Research a good amount before you dive in as there's many directions you can go with DIY's

Build a Wort chiller, mash tun, search craigslist for coolers/freezers/kegs/carboys ..... anything cheap and brew related.

Theres plenty of brew related things you can do between brews. Brewing of course is the best but you can't brew constantly ............... or can you?

Definitely keep learning. You will be doing all grain brews in no time. It is a huge can of worms, but worth every penny!

Back