2 Cornys, One CO2 Inlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nodak_Brewer

Reaction score
I would like to start kegging with cornys soon. I'll use a 4.5 cubic foot mini fridge and store the co2 container outside and run its hose inside to the Corny. However, I'll have two Cornys in the fridge, and only one will be hooked up to CO2 and a picnic faucet.

Is it possible to serve both beers in each corny keg by just swapping the CO2 inlet between them? I realize it's possible to disconnect the picnic faucet from one corny and move it to another, but is it possible to do the same with the CO2 and still be able to dispense beer properly?

If they are similar styles you can just put a splitter (Y or T connector) on your gas line. There are also gas manifolds available.

They'll most likely be polar opposite styles, that's my usual arrangement. Variety is the spice of life and beer I guess. Anyway, I will probably use the Carb and Wait method with two styles requiring different volumes of CO2. Most likely a Dunkelweizen and ESB. I try to keep my carbonation way low for ESBs, and way high for weizen bier. Is it better to order a prefab setup from a place like Kegconnection or scavenge the parts separately?

Back