2 Beers you never heard of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonbreath11

Reaction score
wielkasila.jpg
russian%2520beer.jpg

- #2 is in a plastic bottle

There's a Net Cost Market down the block from my house that sells these and many other Eastern European beers. Net Cost Market is a NYC-based chain of Russian supermarkets. They also sell Germans and a few Belgians for the best prices I've ever found them. The place even fills growlers, although I haven't tried them out for that yet.

The fact that the second one is in a plastic bottle made me go looking...
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/lvivske-1715/25811/

I think there is a pretty good reason most haven't heard of this, if it's as mediocre as the reviews say.

Mediocre is putting it kindly. If you want a lesson in skunked oxygenated beer this would be a good place to start. There's a reason why most breweries shy away from green and, most especially, plastic bottles. After taking a sip I would welcome a Bud Light and for me that's saying a lot. Stay away.

p.s. props to whoever can translate the first beer's label without using translate google.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimp!

Not a wimp just

a) not that into high abv beers

b) I haven't been drinking a lot lately so my tolerance is nil and 12% would knock me off my ass

c) I mainly bought this as novelty item. I will eventually sample it though I doubt it will even be drinkable. Pulling off a 12% abv beer takes mad brewing skills even for a professional brewery and since I or most people on here haven't heard of it, it probably tastes like fruity, heavy, gasoline.

Latest posts

Back