2-1/6 minifridge conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDbrewer

Reaction score
I have spent some time looking through posts on here. I am wanting to do a kegerator conversion that will hold 2 1/6 kegs. I don't always have time to brew to fill ball locks, but I do usually find time to drink so I would like the ability to have 2 ball locks or 2 1/6 kegs or a combination of the 2. Anybody have any models in mind that would work for a conversion like this?

The 1/6th sanke kegs are over 9" in diameter so you need a bigger fridge. Some of the older model Sanyos will work if you are willing to wait for one to show up on craigslist. Someone said the Danby 4.4 works, but I don't believe it. Basically you would need at least 4.9 cu ft. which is achieved mostly from the kegerators. Best to check craigslist for used kegerators that will hold a 1/2bbl and modify the tower or get a new one.

I bought a 4.6 cu ft igloo from walmart that I am going to experiment with soon that needs some heavy modification in order to fit 2 pin lock kegs in it. It might fit two 1/6th bbl sankes, but that isn't my game plan.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Back