1st Brew in 4 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just done my 1st batch in 4 years.
After reading loads of post on here I decided to simplify new brew by doing BIAB.
It's surprising how much you forget in only a short amount of time.
Anyhow, after having nothing to do for the 1st weekend in a long while, I decided to through a batch together, deciding on a nice easy one first, a bitter.
I fermented this for one week at 17°c and just bottled straight from primary.
Turns out it worked out ok, using the co² left after fermenting to help give the beer a slight cask like carb.
Also pretty darn clean for only a week in the bottle.
I hopped this quite highly using only Fuggles.
Nice and malty but with a LOT of hop character.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20200302_210549.jpg
    20200302_210549.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
Sunday I did my first brew in about a year. Boy was I rusty on technique. Took a bit longer than it use to w/a lot of running around forgetting things even though I had written out instructions. LOL Brewed a Scottish Export w/grain I bought last year. All my number came out except fermenting volume. I was a little light due to a strong boil. It's sitting in my apt. size refer which is set to 62* and happily bubbling away. Now the hard part.....waiting.....

Sunday I did my first brew in about a year. Boy was I rusty on technique. Took a bit longer than it use to w/a lot of running around forgetting things even though I had written out instructions. LOL Brewed a Scottish Export w/grain I bought last year. All my number came out except fermenting volume. I was a little light due to a strong boil. It's sitting in my apt. size refer which is set to 62* and happily bubbling away. Now the hard part.....waiting.....

I have an idea about what you boiled off to get the low volume. If you can figure it out and want the correct volume, on the next beer you can just add it back before you pitch the yeast.

I have an idea about what you boiled off to get the low volume. If you can figure it out and want the correct volume, on the next beer you can just add it back before you pitch the yeast.
Good idea. Never thought of that. LOL

Latest posts

Back