1st Annual Homebrewtalk.com Pay it Forward thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hand wine corker that was given to me along with the rest of my set up. The person who gave it to me has passed, so with the corker must be a toast to Joe.

and

I'd like to offer, to someone who has not tried it before, 7 lbs of sodium percarbonate (OxiClean).

I would love to get the corker from you if its still available, I've had my eye on getting one for months! Thanks

Not so much... more of a big sad stain...

if anyone is into saltwater fishing, I'm sure I could whip some stuff together...

what do you have? bit of a surf junky... best fish of the year 36" red drum from the surf over 20lbs.

Some Items I would like to offer...

1-Picnic Tap
1-Hand bottle capper(like in AnOldUR's post)
1-Faucet mounted bottle washer

Thread prosted!!!:mug:

Dibs on the Faucet mounted bottle washer if its still available.

I've got the following:
...I've got a few more things to offer, but I think I'll wait a while on the rest of them. I can't afford to ship everything right now.

What'cha got Tally.. I still need some gear... plus.. I'm in town!! :tank::rockin:

flack... It looks like the sponsorship program might have changed since I did it last year. It looks like you have an account or something now. I put $ for a 1 year sub in it, but you might have to complete the process.

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Your account has been upgraded to Premium Status due to donations from members.

Much appreciated jester.. :mug:

Since I took advantage and got something, I will offer something:

jetcarboy_bottlewasher.jpg

Gone - BartenderSavant

Oh, I want that warm and fuzzy feeling! I've got (these are 07) HOPS!

2oz. Cluster 7% Zac wins
2oz. Cascade 6.3% Cauldron7 wins
1.5oz Saaz Jharres wins

The cluster and cascade both weigh 2oz in the package, so they may be a tad under in actual weight. For some reason I don't have the % for the Saaz, but I do remember them being within normal specs.

Please, one hop per customer, to make it more fairer.:D

Oh, I want that warm and fuzzy feeling! I've got (these are 07) HOPS!

2oz. Cluster 7%
2oz. Cascade 6.3%
1.5oz Saaz

The cluster and cascade both weigh 2oz in the package, so they may be a tad under in actual weight. For some reason I don't have the % for the Saaz, but I do remember them being within normal specs.

I would love either the cascade or cluster if they are available!!! Il can dig later and see hwat I can offer.

hey mbb - I wouldn't mind checking out those micromatic handles :)

EDIT: Rats, stevea1210 beat me to the request - it just wasn't updated in the original post yet :D

I'd love the pint glass Jester!

I've got a box of stuff I can go through and list here later tonight.

Damn ! I wish I had something to offer up. Very cool idea. And it just shows how cool this community is! Well done guys and gals.

I need a bottle capper! But I fear that I have nothing to offer b/c I just started brewing... :(

Thats the point if someone needs something they can claim it. Paying it forward is just encourage not mandatory. Claim it if you need it. :mug:

hey mbb - I wouldn't mind checking out those micromatic handles :)

EDIT: Rats, stevea1210 beat me to the request - it just wasn't updated in the original post yet :D

How about one each?

I'm a little confused/perturbed/disappointed/something about this coming across as a free crap thread instead of a pay it forward/try it out thread.

I didn't lock in stevea1210 on an item because he wanted everything left. *shrug* I didn't think that was the spirit the thread was started in.

How about one each?

I'm a little confused/perturbed/disappointed/something about this coming across as a free crap thread instead of a pay it forward/try it out thread.

I didn't lock in stevea1210 on an item because he wanted everything left. *shrug* I didn't think that was the spirit the thread was started in.

I agree. Maybe a rule should be made that those givers offering multiply item should state whether they want to send all the items together, or would rather each item go to seperate person?

I don't think anyone is trying to abuse it, but the kinks are still being worked out to make it fair for everyone.

Good grief! It should be implied that you would take one item only from a person. This is pay it forward, not scarf it up.

Damn a half a pound of challenger hops! I spoke to soon.:eek:

Update:

Rule #2) You can only pick one item. If the giver has multiple items it is up to his/her discretion whether they want the items to go to one or more people. If you request an item but don’t get it you can try for another item.

Aiight, Dug some stuff up:

1 racking cane with a doohiky that holds in to the side of the bucket
2 bags of crown caps
I'll throw in a misc funnel (smallish)
1 Bag toasted oak chips

This is offered as a lot only, take it all!

Also, not interested in shipping, but I would be willing to part with a few cases of empty bottles & a bottling bucket if anybody is near 24354 & wants to pick up.

GONE to Loather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back