15 Gallon Fermenter Table Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dual 15 Gallon Conical Build with Stand!!

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

Hmmm, I never thought to build a bed by my fermenters. That would be so much easier than standing there staring at them all night.

Haven't finished yet! Still have to put the casters on the bottom and cut out the holes to hold the conical's. New photo's to come when finished. On to the Super Bowl!!!

wildwest450 said:
Why the dual valves?

I guess great minds think a like.

_

My idea is the top valve open during fermentation and the bottom valve closed! When it's time to secondary I'll close the top valve and open the bottom, harvest the yeast, and repeat till the yeast and scrub gone!! Then repeat for
Secondary with top valve open and bottom valve closed!! Also it seems it would control how much beer will leave the vessel at one time!
We'll see how it works, haven't use them yet :)

I like the fermenters, and the dual valve "dose-a-splat" trub feature.

However, I trust butt joins and kregg jigs to only non structural items.

I assume you have a decent idea of what you are doing though, not too many people slapping stuff together cut it on a P66. So, as long as the structure is there, 300 lbs aint that bad :)

Having said that, OSB $UCKS rat-butt structurally, and that is DRY. care to add a few triangles to the frame, and pairs of 2by hangers to support the cones?

(btw, no PM here. I have a D-Uni.)

brewmonk said:
I like the fermenters, and the dual valve "dose-a-splat" trub feature.

I assume you have a decent idea of what you are doing though, not too many people slapping stuff together cut it on a P66. So, as long as the structure is there, 300 lbs aint that bad :)

Having said that, OSB $UCKS rat-butt structurally, and that is DRY. care to add a few triangles to the frame, and pairs of 2by hangers to support the cones?

(btw, no PM here. I have a D-Uni.)

Both are full now, more than what they will be during fermentation! I only expect to put 10-11 gallons in both and to clean them I have them maxed out at 16~ gallons each!! I do have plans to add some strength'n boards :)
Thanks brewmonk

Where di you obtain the conical fermentor from? They look to me like they were designed for fertilizer, but not really sure.

Can you give me the details on the valves and connections? Very interested in building something similar to this.

Can you give me the details on the valves and connections? Very interested in building something similar to this.

These links may help:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-15-gal-conical-160249/

Bought similar ones at 1 1/2"https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/stockham-1-2000-wog-ss-thrd-sp-ball-valve-216223/
ebay seller link: http://stores.ebay.com/Bitter-End-Trading-Asset-Recovery

Just keep an eye out on ebay for good deals!! I found all the SS nipples and reducer on eBay also!! Reasonable prices!!
I will try to add links to the nipples and reducer when I get a chance. It's a little difficult on the phone to search eBay:)

lonepalm said:
Building one of these this weekend.

What is the height of your table...I'm trying to figure out how to fill it

I will check for sure but I would guess 50-52" height!! That's if your going to drain your beer into a keg from underneath the conical!! I use a ladder to get up there and fill it! I'm tempted to drill a hole in the wall from the garage to drain it into the conicals in the basement:)
Happy building!

i was thinking the same thing. Couple of half laps would have added a little more rigidity. Lowly modified Jet contractor here.

What are you using for the lids on these? I'm looking at picking up 1 or 2 of these but want to make sure I know what pieces I will need.

Looks great SDB! I bought the Norwesco tank from Tank Depot a few weeks ago and I am finishing up the mount for it. I really like the trub/yeast catcher idea, I'm going to incorporate that into my set up as well. I'll have my 1st batch in it this on Friday! Great work man!
Cheers

FireBrew63 said:
Looks great SDB! I bought the Norwesco tank from Tank Depot a few weeks ago and I am finishing up the mount for it. I really like the trub/yeast catcher idea, I'm going to incorporate that into my set up as well. I'll have my 1st batch in it this on Friday! Great work man!
Cheers

Thank You!!
Less buckets, no racking to secondary! I love it!! Enjoy! Post pics of your build when your done!!

The idea is to have the ball valve open during fermentation to catch yeast/scrub. When fermentation is complete or after a week, close valve unscrew catcher, dump/clean/sterilize and re-attach to the ball valve and open for secondary fermentation!! Same concept as the V-vessel!!

Well done sir. I'm definitely inspired by this build.

and i like the idea of the dry erase board on top.

I'm so glad this thread came up. These plastic conical tanks are an excellent idea for fermentor! Yet another thing to add to my build list! (Need to hurry up and finish the damned HERMs!!!)
This forum rocks!:ban:

SDB, built my mounting shelf and racking arm last Thursday, perfect height for kegging. Brewed a dunkelweizen Friday and pumped it right into the conical. So awesome! No lifting! I took pics, but am working a 48 hr shift this weekend, so I'll post them tomorrow. Going to stop at lowes on the way home and get the pieces for the yeast catcher as well. I will definitely get another one of these, but the full drain model like you have.

Back