• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Washington 15 Ga TriClamp Electric (or gas) Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biertourist

Reaction score
$399 -STRONG preference given to local pickup, but I'd ship as an absolute last resort. It is VERY heavy (31+ lbs) so shipping won't be cheap.

00t0t_gNJzfNqSn9T_600x450.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/4669569468.html

SUPER heavy-duty, 304 Stainless Steel 15 Gallon Tri-Clamp Brewery Kettle.
Has had an additional 2" tri clamp fitting welded in so that it can be used as an electric brew kettle with a water heater-style electric element.

Mirror polished inside and out to Ra>.22um.
Heavy duty lid with silicon gasket can be sealed air tight (add a tri clamp fitting and column to the lid and it can act as an electric still (for making perfume or bioethanol only, obviously).
Rolled lip

Flat bottom with an INSANELY heavy duty false bottom (vessel can be used as a mash tun or a boil kettle; false bottom can also be used for whole hop filtration). -I weigh 200lbs and I can jump up and down on the FB and it doesn't BUDGE.

-1" drain with a 3" Tri Clamp ball valve.
-Super heavy-duty welds on handles-see pictures
-Also comes with a Triclamp thermowell and thermometer (can unscrew thermometer and add a thermoprobe, if desired)
-Also comes with a 2" TC ferrule welded in for an electric element but does not come with electric element or element guard kit (I recommend the element guard kit from StillDragon.com personally)
-Also comes with a stainless steel tri clamp dip tube (purchased from Stout Tanks)
-Also comes with a stainless tea ball and stainless kitchen scrubbies that fits over the dip tube and can act as a hop filter

Originally purchased from Glacier Tanks in Portland: http://www.glaciertanks.com/Brew_Kettle_Mash_Tun_HB-Glacier_Tank_Brew_Kettle_Mash_Tun_15_Gallon.html

It's an amazing kettle with more BLING than you can imagine and it has sanitary fittings, to boot.
I've owned it and brewed with it for about 2 years now but on my quest to move closer and closer to professional brewery equipment I just bought a whirl pool kettle so I have no need for this beauty.

-If you want a kettle that's absolutely perfect look elsewhere because the 2" tri clamp weld was over heated and is pretty ugly. I've been told that it can be ground down and shined up with acid (I can give you the contact info for a GREAT stainless welder in Woodinville who has offered to fix it.).

18" high x 16" diameter; weighs over 31 lbs!
NOTE: Can be used with gas; not just for electric brewers. Just buy a $4 2" TriClamp end-cap and cap off the 2" TC fitting.

Please use craigslist contact methods as I want to be able to clearly track the order of inquiries / offers.

Back