120v 10 gallon setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIXIEBOY1

Reaction score
I have limited space andlive on the third floor so i am getting (physically) tired of hauling my propane system upand down( not to mention no shelter and weather restraints). I have a ten gallon pot but am only making 5 gallon batches(for boilover prevention purposes). Would it be possible to use a 120v hot water heating element to efficiently brew inside as i can't unplug the stove (it is siliconed in) and the driers are in a "community building" downstairs. Thanks for your input in advance. Also in the tacoma washington area if.anyone wants to get together for a beer and discussion.

You'd probably need a 20 amp circuit to get decent performance. Otherwise you could try to work with two seperate 15 amp circuits.

I use 120v electrical element on stove top assisting burner in a 10 gallon pot. Works fine.

I basically use two 1500W elements on two different 120V circuits that I have in my kitchen. Works great, though I do have my keggle insulated and generally leave the lid half on to get a stronger rolling boil.

Back