12 Beers of Christmas 2019 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Label made

Also adding to the box a few small extras including, of course, a holiday poem:

Twas the Month After Christmas,
When all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Of propane and flame, a boil became.
It smelled strongly of hops and grain,
Ninety minutes - Are we sure this is sane?

Cranberries, raisins, peaches and apricots,
All went in with hopeful thoughts
That the finest of flavors would meld in this pot.

Hops were added and some yeast too,
Into the fermenter went the new brew.
Time for patience - flavors must be true.

Now holiday lights again are aglow,
Another year, and much to show.
For this delightful brew is ready to go!

At long last, this finest of ales, this whitest of whales,
Introducing to you my dear friends,
And to those whom I’ve yet to know, this is
THE Ho Ho Fo Sho.

Last edited:
Label made

hhSP1xe.jpg

I like it! I like it A lot!

Okay, we got word that one of the West group brewers is out. So we will have 11 participants. Everyone has sent me their information and I will send the list out in an email shortly. If you don't get it right away or have trouble with it just let me know.
Can't wait to taste everyone's beer. Thanks for including me.

Cheers!

West Coast Group:

Is it worth putting out a call in the form of a new thread for anyone who may actually have 33+ christmas beers 'in stock' and wants to fill our 12th spot? I'd be happy to do it if no one objects. Or we could just leave it at 11. Thoughts?

West Coast Group:

Is it worth putting out a call in the form of a new thread for anyone who may actually have 33+ christmas beers 'in stock' and wants to fill our 12th spot? I'd be happy to do it if no one objects. Or we could just leave it at 11. Thoughts?

This apparently happens every time, at least we know in advance of shipping. I recall reading last year some dropped out after getting shipments. Instead of looking for a pinch hitter, with who knows what beer, we can all enjoy spending less on shipping. Well, that’s my thought on it for what it is worth.

This apparently happens every time, at least we know in advance of shipping. I recall reading last year some dropped out after getting shipments. Instead of looking for a pinch hitter, with who knows what beer, we can all enjoy spending less on shipping. Well, that’s my thought on it for what it is worth.
I agree with this, I was going to be tight to fill 33 anyway so saving 3 will help me personally.

Well this is definitely one of those things where those NOT wanting to do something should carry more weight than those who do, and I'm fine either way, so let's just cancel the pinch hitter idea right now.

True, less shipping cost!

East Coast Group

Right now we have confirmation from:
1 @HopHeavy
2 HopHeavy’s Nephew
3 @TBC
4 @Jtk78
5 @fourfarthing
6 @satph
7 @wstbrewing
8 @Hoppy2bmerry—Need your address.

Unfortunately it looks like that is it.
I sent a PM to @BradleyBrew, @MapleGroveAleworks, @dryboroughbrewing and @Stupidsexyflanders a week or so ago and received no responses.

Once I receive the last address I will send the group a message with all of the addresses.

Let’s do this. @satph and I are combo shipping.

You will like the boxes. They are very nifty. I have the 3-bottle boxes and when I sent the 12BOC beers I just taped two of them together. Yea, don't use SNPA bottles for shipping (I think that is what I used). Dogfish bottles are pretty stout, I think I remember.

Got the boxes. Yep, pretty cool.

And sure enough, Dogfish bottles are on the high end of bottle weights, at least in my assorted bottle stash. Ranged from 185g to 205g. Dogfish was about 200 even.

Thought I'd use my heavier bottles for shipping, assuming heavier = thicker glass = less likely to break.

Got the west Gingerbread Ale all bottled up tonight now just need labels. I really don't like to bottle but it's worth it sometimes. View attachment 653716View attachment 653717

Ironically enough I bottled the East Gingerbread Ale today as well. I haven't bottled a batch in at least 2 years, although I also have a Belgian Dubbel that im going to bottle tomorrow.

For those of you shipping to the West Coast group, the only 2 that are meeting up for sure in So Cal is myself and @jerbrew , so if you can get them together to ship to one of us before we meet up on the 8th of December, feel free to reach out to one of us to let it be known.

Also, it is likely that Jerbrew and I will be splitting our shipping so that we ship half as many packages, and your shipment will be coming from one of us.

Cheers,

This is the first time I've added yeast at bottling. Anyone have any experience with this? Most importantly how long carbonation took?

Here are the specs:

-Bottled 11/24
-4.5 gallons
-5g champagne yeast
-105g priming sugar (cane sugar)
-9.2% ABV
-conditioning/carbing at 70 F

Back