• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida 10gal Electric HERMS System and Two 1/2 Barrel Fermenters w/ Glycol Compressor, Tampa FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StagsHead

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am downsizing quite a bit, so I am selling my whole system to make room for other life commitments. Here are the details on my system:

3 Vessel HERMS System with 30amp Control Panel

Kegs were polished and fitted with weldless fittings (kegs obtained legally; not by deposit).

5500w Stainless Steel ULWD Ripple Heating Elements in HLT & BK; custom Tri-Clover fittings for easy removal; Heating element power cables are twist locks and remove from the elements as well.

Mash Tun has perforated stainless steel false bottom; BK has whirlpool arm installed.

All kettles have hi-flow diptubes installed.

50ft Stainless Steel HERMS Coil in HLT.

Control Panel is a 30amp (one element at a time) and requires 220v 50amp GFI protected breaker; also has integrated timer and alarm.

Control panel includes all power connections & thermoprobe connections.

All liquid connections for the Brew System are Camlock, and all hoses are hi-temp silicone.

Two Chugger pumps controlled by Control Panel; one for wort and one for water.

Stainless Steel Brewing Table included.

Fermentation System

2 1/2 Barrel SSbrewtech BME Chronical Fermenters

Includes FTS temperature control systems for both fermenters.

Includes 1/3 HP Glycol Compressor; will run 4 fermenters at one time.

Fermenters include 10" Leg Extensions.

All connections are Tri-Clover, except for the glycol connections (barbed).

CIP Spray Ball included for easy cleaning.

This system works as well as any out there and consistently runs a 92%-95% efficiency depending on the beer being brewed. It provides highly repeatable results and can handle pretty much any thing you throw at it.

All in all I paid around $7500 to put this system together, and will let it go for $5500.

I will sell the brew system and the fermenting system separately for $3600 and $1900 respectively, but I will not sell the individual components.

I'm located in Tampa, FL and it would be a local pick up.
IMG_0800.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0799.jpg
IMG_0801.jpg
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0805.jpg

Thank you for looking and let me know if there are any questions.
Michael

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
I might be interested in the fermenting equipment. Do you have an estimate of the number of brews done and the operating hours on the compressor?

I might be interested in the fermenting equipment. Do you have an estimate of the number of brews done and the operating hours on the compressor?

One fermenter has only been used once. The other has had a total of five brews.

The compressor has run those times intermittently for about two weeks per brew, so if I had to guess, then my guess would be about a total of about 30-60 mins per day. Less in the cooler months and more in the warmer months. So somewhere between 40-120 hours would be my best guess.

Honestly, the equipment has barely been used as I just haven’t had the time to brew the past couple of years. But I have turned the compressor on for a couple of minutes in between brews just to make sure that it runs properly.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks
Michael

Thanks for the info - the hesitation was because I would prefer a unitank for functionality and debating Spike vs Brewtech. With the price offer of 30% discount from new, it is attractive, but perhaps not enough to compensate for the functionality of the unitank.

Thanks for the info - the hesitation was because I would prefer a unitank for functionality and debating Spike vs Brewtech. With the price offer of 30% discount from new, it is attractive, but perhaps not enough to compensate for the functionality of the unitank.
I understand about the Unitank. Great products being offered these days for homebrewers/nanobreweries. I might be able to come down a bit on the total price if that might swing your decision. The lowest I could go would be $1750, which is 40% off of the new product pricing.

Wow! Looks fantastic.
Only thing is, it makes your 50 gallons of home brew QUITE expensive.
Nice polish job though!

Wow! Looks fantastic.
Only thing is, it makes your 50 gallons of home brew QUITE expensive.
Nice polish job though!

Thanks. The polishing was the longest part of the whole process. I just don’t get to brew as much as I would like so it should go to someone who will get the most out of if.

Okay. Another price reduction. $3000 for the brew house. I also have a three roller grain mill that I’ll throw in. It is in pieces and needs screws for the hopper, but is has never been used.

Need to move this quickly, so the price is now $2800.00. Message me if interested.

My wife would say, “ in your next life with your next wife.”

Hmmm, how much shipping?
Jest jest.

Wow $2,500 is an awesome price for a system like this. I built one in 2015 and it cost much more than that. This system will make excellent beer that is repeatable and someone in the Tampa Bay area looking for a quality brewing rig should jump on this. Good luck on the sale!

John

Wow $2,500 is an awesome price for a system like this. I built one in 2015 and it cost much more than that. This system will make excellent beer that is repeatable and someone in the Tampa Bay area looking for a quality brewing rig should jump on this. Good luck on the sale!

John

Thanks. And yes, it was much more than $2500 to build this, but I just don't have the time to brew anymore and I have other priorities that need my attention.

I really have to move this, guys.

So I'm taking the price down again to $2200. You will NOT find a better system at that price. Just have to get it out so we can take care of other things.

Back