• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100QT & 180QT Stock Pot Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How close are you to filling the pallet. I'm interested in one or maybe two of these:
80 QT - Riveted handle and domed lid - 72.00

However, the gotcha is that I live in upstate NY (near Albany), but travel through your area a few times a year to visit family in the Pittsburgh area. So, I wouldn't be able to pick them up for "a while" (all I can say is sometime in 2012). Would this be a problem? Would you be able to hold them for me?

Thanks.

I'd like to change my order from 2 100's to 8 (yup!) 80 quart rivetted kettles, and figure out how to get them to Hartford, CT.

Wolfhausen83 - Can we coordinate pickup/delivery for CT? Maybe we've got enough for a pallet here to Hartford. If you're driving down, I'll chip in fuel.

I just replied to cripple's Pm to get a better idea on timing. I want the try-ply 80qts so I need to come up with $500.

Z28 where are you located in CT? Again I would ideally take a road trip there, but depends on timing, next couple weekends are busy.

Hey guys,
I'll redo totals on the morning and see where we are at.

I'd like to order sooner rather than later so they can fill the order and don't raise the prices but if it benefits everyone here I can hold off till you get the cash together.

I'll let you know where we are at in the morn.

How close are you to filling the pallet. I'm interested in one or maybe two of these:

However, the gotcha is that I live in upstate NY (near Albany), but travel through your area a few times a year to visit family in the Pittsburgh area. So, I wouldn't be able to pick them up for "a while" (all I can say is sometime in 2012). Would this be a problem? Would you be able to hold them for me?

Thanks.

Hey guys,
I'll redo totals on the morning and see where we are at.

I'd like to order sooner rather than later so they can fill the order and don't raise the prices but if it benefits everyone here I can hold off till you get the cash together.

I'll let you know where we are at in the morn.

Cripplecreek, I would like to order two of the 80 qt, see the link to my post above (assuming it is acceptable for you to hold these for me until I am eventually able to meet you in Scranton.) What do you need me to PM to you? Thanks.

Cripplecreek, I would like to order two of the 80 qt, see the link to my post above (assuming it is acceptable for you to hold these for me until I am eventually able to meet you in Scranton.) What do you need me to PM to you? Thanks.

That shouldn't be a problem for me. I've added you to the list.

So here is the list as I have it so far. For some reason, the forum won't take my formatting so I'm attaching a screen shot of my spread sheet.

Please look it over and make sure it is correct. I don't have confirmations from:

BrewskiBroski
Coff
Yambor

If everything looks good we have 28 pots. I'll get the order over to them and get the shipping quote. As soon as I have that I will let everyone know the final totals.

For payment, I will need to get paid before we place the order. I can take basically any form of payment with the following conditions. I won't pay PayPal fees, so you will need to mark as a gift/personal or pay them yourself. If you need to pay with a personal check, I will have to hold till it clears. I'd rather not go down that road as it will hold up the order, but if a lot of you need to do check than that's what we'll do. I will send payment info via PMs once I have final totals. If you prefer email to PMs let me know and I will send you my email address.

Again, thanks to all of you. This is shaping up to be a great buy and I'm really excited.

-Peace

Screen Shot 2012-03-01 at 10.31.57 AM.png

Just curious, is this now closed- or are you still taking orders?

Just curious, is this now closed- or are you still taking orders?

Still taking orders. Just let me know what you are interested in. The more we have the better the shipping will be.

Thanks!

Still taking orders. Just let me know what you are interested in. The more we have the better the shipping will be.

Thanks!

Would be for 2- 60qt most likely... Oh so very close to joining in on this.

Scranton isn't all that far for me either...

Edit-- OK, I'm in!! Thanks cripplecreek!

While I ordered 2 of the 80 quart (20 gallon), figuring I could do 10 gallon batches, I'm curious about intended uses of others who want larger pots. Hopefully this isn't too stupid a question, but what does it take to heat (propane or electric) close to 25 gallons (100 quart) or 45 gallons (180 quart)! I ask because as of now, I'm doing 5 gallon batches using a turkey fryer propane base with a 8 gallon SS pot, but eventually I would like to build an all electric brewery and would also like to be reasonably set if I wanted to do considerably bigger batches and/or do high grain bill brews.
Thanks!

copyright1997: I use 2 high pressure burners to fire up my 30 gal batches and it works quite well. longest amount of time is to go from 60*-165* for strike water - like 2 hours. i've seen others use 3 burners connected to 1 propane tank but the propane usually freezes up. Here it is: HIGH PRESSURE CAST IRON BURNER (CB135) 170,000 BTU
http://www.agrisupply.com/high-pressure-cast-iron-burner-cb-btu/p/30295/
30295.jpg

NRF: i'm right next to Edison and am willing to pick yours up if you provide some gas money!! we can discuss as the p/u time approaches.

I got 3 100qt, I'll most likely be doing 10 gallon batches in them for a little while but am dreaming of 20 gallon batches and I figured I'd be better off buying bigger, it's hard to stretch them:) I'm planning on jabbing one of those 220v water heater elements in my boil kettle.

cripplecreek said:
Hey all,
I've got a line on some nice large pots. They are brand new 18/8 stainless steel. 1mm minimum thickness and come with lids. If anyone is interested and within driving distance to Scranton, PA (2hrs north of Philly, 2hrs west of NYC), we can really cut down on shipping if we combine. Here is the pricing:

180 QT - $158.98
100 QT - $84.00
80 QT - non-Riveted handle and flat lid - 70.00
60 QT - Riveted handle and domed lid only - 62.00
50 QT - non-Riveted handle and flat lid Only - 55.00

Tri-Ply Bottom
80 QT - $169.00
50 QT- $129.00

I'm planning on 3 180 QTs myself. We'd need about 6-8 180s or 10-15 100s to fill a pallet.

Let me know if you are interested.

-Peace

I can't help but read thru this thread and think it will work up here in Boston. Would you be able to PM your contact at Concord? What was the final shipping cost for this quantity/array of pots?

Thanks!
Bryan

NRF: i'm right next to Edison and am willing to pick yours up if you provide some gas money!! we can discuss as the p/u time approaches.
Well, we were just out your way Wednesday evening- hit The Grove on the way back from a wine tasting at the brew shop.

Very kind of you to offer!
My better half is up for the trip and we may swing by Pocono Candle on the way home to spend more $$ that I really shouldn't lol

I will keep it in mind should the plans change- I do appreciate the offer.

Thanks for thinking of me! :mug:

Quick update,
I've sent in the order. Attached is the list I sent over. Please check and make sure it's correct. I heard back from my contact who said they will have a shipping quote for me on Monday when they get back into the office. They will also provide me with an eta. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2012-03-02 at 10.51.36 PM.png

I've got the shipping quote. But I'm having it revised with new numbers. We have 2 pallets worth of pots. Shipping on the first quote was around $14 per pot and should drop because we're adding more.

Jessup, I sent you a PM. If you didn't get it, please hit me up.

I will update again when I have final numbers.

If there enough for the second pallet for New England, I'd be glad to have it come here to Farmington, CT, if it's closer for some folks.

Hey all,
Attached is the final numbers that I have. Please review and confirm and I will start sending out totals.

Thanks!
Frank

Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 2.05.06 PM.png

Hey all,
Attached is the final numbers that I have. Please review and confirm and I will start sending out totals.

Thanks!
Frank

Mines correct, unless you want to change me from 80 quart to 100. :) Still wondering if I should have gone to the 100 quart (25 gallon) given the minimal price difference. The difference in cost isn't what I care about, it's more trying to know what I want and what makes the most sense since I don't want to go through this again.) Once ordered, it won't matter, but I need you to decide for me! :)

[I know, I know...un-freakin believable that I'm still contemplating changing things!]

Back