1/4" barbs on pinlock disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I noticed all the hose barbs on the disconnects I got, both gas and beerline, are actually made for 1/4" hose. I know I can get 3/16" beerline on it, but the barbs on the regulator are 3/8". What gives? Should I swap all 4 of my regulator barbs down to 1/4" or do I need to get 3/8" disconnects?

Just use a hose clamp. The 5/16 gas line is thick enough that it'll seal. If you buy an assembly from a HBS, that's how it'll come. I don't know if the disconnects come with 5/16 barbs.

One of those great mysteries, like why you get 10 hot dogs and 8 buns. Or why the biscuits and gravy never come out even.

I have many hose clamps.

I actually just discovered that I can get 1/4" hose (it's sold as air hose at Lowes presumably for air compressors) on to both the keg coupler and the regulator barbs with a quick soak in hot water. A followup, does the CO2 line have to be 5/16ths for performance reasons or do you think 1/4" would work? I only have a 4 ft run or less to the kegs.

My kegerator setup came in 1/4 inch, I also got a new setup for another fridge and used 1/4 inch with no problems at all, go for it!!!

Back