Nutrimill Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonNate

Reaction score
I am an AG brewer that has always used the shop's mill a couple days before I brew. This has been working well, but I recently had an idea...

I make all my own bread at home (bread machine) and I was thinking of milling my own flour to make whole-grain bread cheaper. I was wondering if I could get double use out of a flour grinder.

It says it grinds 20cups at a time, with a large range from coarse to fine... looks like it might work? Anyone have any experience with it?

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=nutrimill&btnG=Google+Search]Google search for Nutrimill[/ame]

20 cups is much different than 20lbs. Also, could you set that mill to crack the grain instead of making flour?

I use a corona mill

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-CORONA-...ryZ38172QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got it for $30 at a local whole-grain food store. I put a bolt into where the handle screws in. I shaved down three sides of the bolt, so a drill could get a bite on it. Then I cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon PET bottle, and turned it upside down in the grain hopper (wish I had a picture). Now it's a drill-powered mill with a 16lb capacity hopper. I grind all my grains for a 10gal batch in about 2 minutes.

Price breakdown:

Mill: $30
Bolt: $0.79
PET water bottle: $12
Drill (already had it) $50

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't realize the corona mill was so cheap...I'll have to look into it.

I should just add this to my footer as I'm not really from Oregon the state. ;) I'm from Oregon, Wisconsin. I'd love to live in Portland though,...for sure.

Uncle Fat said:
I use a corona mill
I got it for $30 at a local whole-grain food store.

I live in here in Portland, Oregon also. Do you remember the name of the "Whole-Grain Food Supply" store you are refering to? I have tried the phone book, with no luck. I have tried all of the LHBS's and all they have are ones for $100-$300 bucks.

I would rather buy an old-school Corona Mill. I need one by this weekend, so the internet is not an option at this time.

Just let me know if you can remember the name of the store.

Thanks,
~ED SAVAGE~

Ed_Savage said:
I live in here in Portland, Oregon also. Do you remember the name of the "Whole-Grain Food Supply" store you are refering to? I have tried the phone book, with no luck. I have tried all of the LHBS's and all they have are ones for $100-$300 bucks.

I would rather buy an old-school Corona Mill. I need one by this weekend, so the internet is not an option at this time.

Just let me know if you can remember the name of the store.

Thanks,
~ED SAVAGE~

I got it at Bob's Red Mill In Milwaukie Oregon.

Latest posts

Back