Buffalo group buy for April/May 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi - Welcome to the Buffalo group buy for April/May 2016.

I'd like to officially open the Buffalo Group Buy for April/May 2016.

We have an opportunity to get special bulk pricing from Dunkirk Homebrew Supplies in Dunkirk, NY.

This is our fifth group buy. I received several emails from people asking about doing another one.

Here is the grain list and pricing for the Buffalo Group Buy only: http://www.dunkirkhomebrew.com/BuffaloBulkBuyGrains/tabid/666/Default.aspx

These prices are from the last group buy. I'm waiting for final confirmation on the pricing, but it should be pretty close.

Rules of the group buy:
  • We need a minimum of 10 50/55 lb. sacks to get the special pricing.
  • 10 lb. sacks are available, but do not count toward the minimum sack count.
  • Please PM me directly with your order. If it's posted online it won't count. Include the product ID listed in the first column on webpage, the description, and the price to help minimize mistakes.
  • I will keep the buy open until 05/07/2016 assuming we get the minimum # of orders.
  • All grain must be picked up at the same time. I will take care of the pickup.
  • Grain will be distributed in Buffalo. We can determine a convenient location for everyone as this progresses. Worst case, we can distribute at my house in Pendelton.
  • I will provide updates on the amount of grain we've ordered as the buy progresses.
  • If you want to do splits, please make arrangements among yourselves.
Payment will be required prior to ordering, so please be prompt with your payment. You can PayPal me directly or send me a check made out to the vendor. I will forward all payments to the vendor. I'll provide payment details after we close the group buy.

Group Buy Process:
  • Accept orders through 05/07/2016.
  • Group buy closes on 05/07/2016.
  • Accept payment (~1 week).
  • Place order with vendor.
  • Wait for order to arrive.
  • Pickup order in Dunkirk.
  • Distribute in Buffalo, NY area. Location TBD.

First order in:

2 - 1852c avangard premium pale $47
1 - 1854c avangard dark munich $54
1 - 1961c muntons mo extra pale blend $61

6 more sacks needed to place an order.

Just an FYI.

Because of some planned vacation time, the final pickup for this grain will probably be around the 3rd week of May.

I'll keep the grain buy open until the end of the first week of May in case we get a few stragglers.

I just want to give everyone a heads up in case you needed it right away. If you can't wait, let me know and I'll take you off the order list.

Hi everyone. I'll be closing this out on Saturday. Let me know if there is any more interest.

Don't worry about payments yet. I will send details after we close out the group buy.

Also, please re-check the Dunkirk Homebrew link below.

There have been some slight price increases. This is due to an increase in shipping costs to Dunkirk. They are pretty minimal, but make sure you're OK with the new costs.

Also, there may be a few grain substitutions as well, so make sure what you want is still available.

PM me with any issues.

http://www.dunkirkhomebrew.com/BuffaloBulkBuyGrains/tabid/666/Default.aspx

Hi Guys. Closing this out. I need to tally up all the orders. I'll send a PM by EOD tomorrow with instructions for payment, delivery, and pickup.

In advance of that, I do need everyone's personal email address and real name. I need to send out a final spreadsheet, and I can't do attachments on HBT.

Expect PM from me tomorrow.

PM was sent out. Check your PM accounts. Let me know if you didn't get one.

Here's the final grain tally:
8 - 1852c avangard premium pale $47 per
3 - 1850C Avangard Pilsen, 55lb, $49 per
1 - 1854c avangard dark munich $54 per
1 - 1961c muntons mo extra pale blend $61 per
1 - 1866C Avangard Premium wheat, 55lb, $47 per
1 - 1915c muntons maris otter malt blend 59$ per
2 - 1928c briess 2 row brewers malt $48 per
1 - 1976c dinegemans pilsen malt $62 per

Got everyone's email. Thanks.

Still working through the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet tallies up grain and costs. It's my order sheet for the vendor.

I'm having some issues. It was saved it in a different format than xlsx, and I'm having trouble opening it in Excel.

I should have it fixed today.

Grain pickup is done. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Thanks again to Steve at Dunkirk Homebrew for the great prices.

I'd like to keep this going, so if anyone needs grain going forward, let me know. Once I get a few requests I'll start another grain buy,

Just moved back into the Buffalo area... going to need some grains when I move into my new place. Appreciate the effort to organize. Any word on another buy?

Also maybe some splits not too sure of details but maybe some dark grain as I plan on doing a lot of stouts/porters (just got nitro setup)

I'm also in for a few bags
Would love to split a bag of crystal60 with someone also

I'm also in for a few bags
Would love to split a bag of crystal60 with someone also

I may think of it .. wanted a nice supply of darker grain would be interested in many multiple splits of maybe Carafa and Chocolate Malts just to name a few I know this is far fetched as it would be more than two persons.

Back