Corkin' is easy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pimp Juice

Reaction score
Picked up some belgian corks and wore hoods from morebeer.com, went to my local brew store and rented a cork press, presto! I've got corked beer. Highly suggest it for the beers you plan on aging, gives it that extra flare and it really doesn't take much more time than capping. Bellow is a kriek.
cork.jpg

Do you have to store those bottles on their sides like wine? I assume that is done to keep the cork wet and maintain a seal. Then again I could be completely wrong because I don't know what I'm talking about. :rockin:

Thats not that big of a deal with these corks. There composit, like partical board. Also they are coated. They retain their memory and won't dry out. It takes at least 5 years for a natural cork to dry out.

I'm making a belgian dubbel tonight that I'm thinking about doing the same thing. What kind of bottles are those?

I was just wondering if you reused them from somewhere. I don't reall want to go buy 25 bottles when I could get them for free. With New Years comming, it should be fairly easy to collect 25 champagne bottles.

I think champagne bottles may be a different size(the opening), not sure though. I collected mine from one of the bars out here in the city.

Hey I was wondering, has anyone tried the plastic Champagne stoppers on these? I know it was mentioned that the Champagne bottleneck diameter may be a different size, but does anyone know?

Plastic corks just don't have the same class. But yea I don't see why they wouldn't work, and you could probley re-use them

Back