What do you do for a living?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Warehouse Supervisor for a Medical Device R&D and Polymer Manufacturing company in Berkeley. I'm a part-time student studying writing, graphics design and animation. I also do side work when I get the chance...everything from web design to hauling furniture.

I may be the dumbest person on the planet. Mechanical Engineer for a semiconductor equipment supplier, but I think I am going to give it up to take over the family farm. Desk job and good money for manual labor and no money. WTF am I thinking?

i'm a network administrator. I love and hate it.

i'm also a full time night student. Stupid BS degree, been doing this computer stuff since i was 15 and apple still wont hire without a degree.

Radar technicianin Alaska. Fix and operate simulated aircraft threats for one of the largest airspace training grounds. Training pilots to recognize my total authority over MY airspace! Of course that means squat on the weekends, so I'm building a recumbent bicycle for fun.:mug:

by day I am the sales and marketing manager for a small, high end bicycle racing wheel manufacturer. www.totpolinotech.com

by night I am the front of house engineer for a couple of local hartford area music clubs. FOH engineer btw is a fancy term for sound guy... I also run a small live sound reinforcement company in the summer time for private parties and small "concert on the green" type events.

I am also a dedicated home tinkerer and father. Other than that I spend all my time brewing/drinking/talking about beer!

pa-in-utah said:
Uncle Sam owns me...... I am active duty Air Force.

Me too. I'm a pretty big deal. ;)

Matter of speaking, this week I go in to reenlist for the last time--1 more 4 year stint and I retire. Man I hope the next 4 years go fast. I am timing this perfectly to retire on the exact same day I went to basic training. Exactly 20 years to the day. :rockin:

My AFSC is 1W071A. Weather Journeyman Technician or some crap like that. They change it every few years to make it sound more important.

I'm Product Line Engineering Manager for a medical laser company. I oversee production, product modification and enhancement and service and support for my product line.

Dude said:

Matter of speaking, this week I go in to reenlist for the last time--1 more 4 year stint and I retire. Man I hope the next 4 years go fast. I am timing this perfectly to retire on the exact same day I went to basic training. Exactly 20 years to the day. :rockin:

My AFSC is 1W071A. Weather Journeyman Technician or some crap like that. They change it every few years to make it sound more important.

20 years?! Well done and congrats.

I'm an inside salesperson for Misumi USA. We supply custom components for assembly automation - linear guides and shafts, rotary shafts, bushings, bearings, locating pins, ball screws, XY stages - pretty much anything you'd find on an automated factory line.

I am a physician specializing in Nephrology-diseases of the kidneys. I like to think I take care of the organ that is ultimately responsible for taking care of our homebrews.

Applications and Development Engineer for Brembo North America. We produce high performance brake systems for sports/luxury vehicles. Basically, I get paid to test fast cars.

-Todd :rockin:

Dude said:

Hey Dude...I retired almost seven years ago. I worked on planes for twenty years as a radar/radio guy. The best thing about retiring....you make more money:ban:

And I don't even look up when I hear a plane anymore........

Paramedic for the past 2.5 years and love it!:) Spent 21 years doing architectural, structural and civil engineering. Broke my right hip and elbow and decided that I needed a career change. SWMBO gave me permission to go to paramedic school since I had an interest in it, so I did and could not be happier!:ban:

I'm about 8 mos. young at my first "payroll job" in about 7 years. Shipping, at an electrical warehouse. I drove a cab and on demand courier service for about 8 years. 100,000 mi in one year & got to missing the kid. Thinking about getting back into carpentry. Wanna build my own house in 2 years.

I've got 2 part-time jobs;

#1, working at the LHBS. Pay isn't all that good, but look at the fringe benefits. (Mr LHBS guy, can you test my homebrew, and tell me what's wrong with it? Me, your whole batch's gone bad. Bring it in, and we'll dispose of it for you!) Then again, there's; "Hey Steve, here's some of our latest Mead!" (Of all the Homebrewed beverages, I like Mead the best!)

#2, working at a freight damaged grocery store. (Can you say, honey for $11.99 a gallon, with my substantial discount added in?) (Did I say I like Mead?) Frozen berries for about $.75 a pound. (Melomel anyone?)

Of the last 4 brews I did, everything came from #2, except the yeast.

steve

fretman124 said:
I work for Applied Materials on PVD/CVD tools

I used to work for AMAT in the Zero Reduction group, formerly CRG under Keith Hansen. I supported the Unix operations of the R&D group.

Then went to work for Industrial Light and Magic, Lucas Digital (Star Wars, etc). Have now been at SGI (Silicon Graphics) for 8 years in engineering. I support the software build groups and R&D efforts for our new product lines.

-- Trev

Dude said:

I tried the exact same thing, I reenlisted so my last day would be exactly 20 years from the day I went to basic. It doesn't work... For pay purposes they keep ya in til the end of the month. So I did 20 years and 11 days. :)

trev said:
I used to work for AMAT in the Zero Reduction group, formerly CRG under Keith Hansen. I supported the Unix operations of the R&D group.

Then went to work for Industrial Light and Magic, Lucas Digital (Star Wars, etc). Have now been at SGI (Silicon Graphics) for 8 years in engineering. I support the software build groups and R&D efforts for our new product lines.

-- Trev

You're not resonsible for Jar Jar Binks, are you? :D

I am a purchasing agent for a big food manufacturing company. If you ever need something like 40,000 lbs of cheese or tomatos or peppers let me know. I can hook you up!

I am a journeyman machinist and part time custom hunting knife maker in norther Ill.

Flyin' Lion said:
You're not resonsible for Jar Jar Binks, are you? :D

Nope, that was George's kids. Well at least they got to name them. :D

-- Trev

Environmental Engineer. I spend about 1/2 my time in the office and the other 1/2 at hazardous waste sites.

I am a grounds manager at a wealthy private estate. I take care of 275 acres of wooded property, 15 acres of fine maintained turf grass, and a 27000 ft2 home built in 1929. I am in charge of a staff of 8 people. I am also a dad and husband.

I work with the hormonally impaired.
(8th Grade English Teacher)

I drink therefore I teach
OR
I teach therefore I drink.

Something like that.
Great hours anyway.
Weekends are brewtiful!!!

I really doubt many of you read through this thread to read what I do....

but Im an HVAC Mechanic at Pfizer. Just finished my apprenticship and and made journeyman today.

I'm in the Coast Guard. Best job in the world currently. I'm second in command, manage the budget, all the admin, and I get to drive boats around and work on buoys and such. Greatest job ever until we run into sh*t like this
l_6e78be097a3adf2fea85e30aa710b4b6.jpg

Dan

Latest posts

Back