Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The great thing about this site is the amount of ideas we see actually put into play. More power to you for building something that meets your needs perfectly. That makes it better than some beautifully constructed thing that doesn't do exactly what the operator wants.

It still scares the crap out of me though.

I second not lifting full kegs. While waiting on pump parts I hoisted mine up a ladder to rest higher so I could get a siphon. TOTAL SUCK.

Once I install my pumps tomorrow I'll pump out to carboys on a wagon/cart so I can roll them to their resting places.

Well, except the ones that have to go in the house. Those I can wheel to the front steps and carry up 4 steps to the front room, though.

Brew enough and any amount of carrying or heaving you can eliminate becomes worth it!

my wet test is in progress and working beautifully. YEAH! now I have a fully LP system that I can run. No auto controls or electric yet, but that can be added in time.

Off to brew!

Just got it running. Now its time to brew.

0115091648.jpg

I would be interested in seeing more pictures of your burner setup around that wood. Did you make or buy the insert?

Is that a wood top with burners under it?

Just one burner, the HLT and HX are electric>

I would be interested in seeing more pictures of your burner setup around that wood. Did you make or buy the insert?

I made it, I just used some sheet metal to shield the wood. Its a temporary setup until I move to all electric, thats why I have such a small burner. Once I go electric, the top will be covered by aluminum, stainless or a nice regular counter top.

0119091106.jpg

0119091108.jpg

0119091110.jpg

0119091111.jpg

Here is my newly built rig. It has not been painted yet and the kegs still need couplers welded into them. Should be finished by the end of this week hopefull. Thanks to Bobby for his help!

Picture_001_Medium_.jpg

Picture_00210.jpg

Picture_003_Medium_.jpg

So many great systems. Here is my updated one....

086.JPG

Boil kettle goes to the right on a separate burner for now. Stand needs to be movable by me from the basement to the driveway...

Dunno if I have my v2.0 in this thread yet... if not.

This is how CCB mashes.

This is how CCB sparges.

Damn you california people and your perfect weather...lets see that thing work when it's 4 degrees outside! Those tiny wheels wouldn't even make it through the snow!

*Just a bit jealous*

Damn you california people and your perfect weather...lets see that thing work when it's 4 degrees outside! Those tiny wheels wouldn't even make it through the snow!

*Just a bit jealous*
I know how you feel brother, I HATE this Michigan winter more than ever. I haven't brewed in almost 4 months and it's making me crazy! And my pipeline is almost dry!

You just got to suck it up and catch a day that isn't snowing. I don't even have a garage, I'm out there with the elements. Although I did figure out a good system where my HLT sits on the stove, my cooler sits on the top of the landing to the back door, and drains into my keggle, which, when full, I can swing right out the back door onto my burner. Cuts on the outside time, you know...

*Just a bit jealous*

If you look close you can see the temperature on the controllers is a freezing 39 degrees...:)

You just got to suck it up and catch a day that isn't snowing. I don't even have a garage, I'm out there with the elements. Although I did figure out a good system where my HLT sits on the stove, my cooler sits on the top of the landing to the back door, and drains into my keggle, which, when full, I can swing right out the back door onto my burner. Cuts on the outside time, you know...

My biggest concern is my MLT keeping a constant temp. For some reason I forsee alot of heat loss in sub freezing weather....

My biggest concern is my MLT keeping a constant temp. For some reason I forsee alot of heat loss in sub freezing weather....

FWIW, I'm in Northern Illinois....and we've been below freezing for months now.....I use a keg MLT and just throw blankets around and on top of it. On average I have about 5f loss in a 20F garage....my beers have been a little light bodied, but that's fine for the IPA's I usually brew.

If it's really a problem, just go with a cooler. It's freaking amazing how well those things retain heat....I generally only lose 1F over the whole mash :ban:

I think they are quoted at 550lbs a piece, spaced 16"oc.

Insulation and poly, that is until I get enough money to line it in tile and SS :)

Latest posts

Back