Love TS3 temperature controller HELP!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MontereyPaul

Reaction score
I am working on wiring my Brutus 10 clone. I am not the most electrically proficient, however, I have everything wired (correctly, I think). The only problem I am having is figuring out how to program the temperature controller to start at a low temperature, and stop at a high temperature. If anyone has any suggestions, please help... and it would help if it was explained like it was for a 5 year old.... ;)

Thanks!

I figured it out. Hopefully the explanation helps a few people:

On the TS3 controller, for heating, wire in the following configuration:
#5 = load from wall
#6 = neutral from wall
#7 = NOT USED
#8 = Neutral to solenoid valve
#9 = Load jumped from #5 (just connect #5 and #9 with a short length of wire)
( the load from the solenoid should be tied into the load block or twisted into a common load wire)
(the ground from the solenoid should be tied into the ground block or twisted into a common ground wire)

#3 and #2 are for the temperature probe...it doesn't matter which wire goes in 2 or 3.

Next is to program the temperature controller.

Hold down "set" for 8 seconds until it starts blinking. The value should be zero, hit set.

either press up or down until you get to CON
hit set.

go to r0 and set the differential. This is the degree tolerance range for the switch. I have it set at 2.0. Hit set. To back out into the last spot, hit "set" and "\/ (down)"

next (still in CON), go to r2 and select it. This will set the temperature range up to 302 degrees.

Ok, with the CON programed, hit set and (down) at the same time an move to DEF.
Hit set.
Set d0 to "IN" this is the setting for heating. hit set, and back out by hitting set and the down arrow.

Next got to PRO. hit set
go to P0, and make sure the range is set to F not C (unless you want Celsius).

Hit set, then set and down a few times to get to the current temperature reading.

Now. To set the required temperature, hit set and scroll to the temperature you want and hit set again... Now you are ready to let the good times roll.

If for some reason, anyone sees any inaccuracies let me know, and I will try to explain in a different way. Hope this helps those "non-electricians / non-engineers" people out there like me...

monterrey paul have a question for you !! maybe you can help me out on this one !!!I install the love control ts3 and program like it you said step by step and it works perfect tour on the fire and nice !! but on the last step went I set the required temperature it doesn't turn off the solenoid valve and the burner still on !!( out1 is display only) do I miss any other program configuration ? any suggestions thank you almost ready to do my first all grain batch !!!

Hi

I don't think I would have picked 302 as the max value for the set point (R2 setting). The setting is there to goof proof things. I'd set it to something reasonable like 190. I might also set the minimum value (R1) to something rational as well.

Manual is here:

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/TS3_iom.pdf

If anybody is looking for it.

Bob

Back