Anatomy of an HBT thread about a beer show on TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1) excited post saying "beer show on TV!! tune in! DVR set!"

2) 5 or 6 other threads started saying the exact same thing

3) posts consolidated by the mods after revvy points out in each thread that there are other 4-5 threads

4) several threads about a minute after said show starts "it's on!!!!" "its on!!!"

5) bitching and complaining starts
5a) "OMG - commercials by BMC?" type posts
5b) "stuipid show - I already know that" type posts
5c) "if they really want to hit the market they need to target the craft and homebrewing communities" type posts
5d) "**** I missed it; glad I DVR'ed it" posts, followed by "wow; that show did suck"

Seriously, folks - what are you expecting? The 300+ million market in the US, they're not going to make a show that appeals to a few thousand homebrewers.....

IMO, the fact that we're even seeing any shows on Discovery, History, etc. focused on brewing and brewing history is a good step...

:mug:

Is there a new beer show on? I bet it sucks and I won't learn anything new. They always suck.

:D

1) excited post saying "beer show on TV!! tune in! DVR set!"

2) 5 or 6 other threads started saying the exact same thing

3) posts consolidated by the mods after revvy points out in each thread that there are other 4-5 threads

4) several threads about a minute after said show starts "it's on!!!!" "its on!!!"

5) bitching and complaining starts
5a) "OMG - commercials by BMC?" type posts
5b) "stuipid show - I already know that" type posts
5c) "if they really want to hit the market they need to target the craft and homebrewing communities" type posts
5d) "**** I missed it; glad I DVR'ed it" posts, followed by "wow; that show did suck"

Seriously, folks - what are you expecting? The 300+ million market in the US, they're not going to make a show that appeals to a few thousand homebrewers.....

IMO, the fact that we're even seeing any shows on Discovery, History, etc. focused on brewing and brewing history is a good step...

I LOL'd HARD on this. Very Very nice!

Haha! Great point...

I must say, i have however enjoyed "Brewmasters", from the 5 or so episodes i've seen.

You forgot a few. :)
6.) OMGWTFBBQ THE SHOW GOT CANCELED!!!11!!
7.) 5 or 6 other threads saying the same thing.
8.) Posts consolidated by the mods after Revvy points out in each thread that there are other 4-5 threads.

Hey, I just saw last night that there was a show on about how beer saved the world. I didn't watch it but I did DVR it. I can't wait.

I want to make a beer that tastes like grapefruit. I heard Simcoe hops taste like grapefruit.

I thought brew masters was pretty good, anyone know if they are coming out with new episodes? Also have "how beer saved the world" on dvr. Can't wait to watch.

Hey, I just saw last night that there was a show on about how beer saved the world. I didn't watch it but I did DVR it. I can't wait.

I thought brew masters was pretty good, anyone know if they are coming out with new episodes? Also have "how beer saved the world" on dvr. Can't wait to watch.

It was enjoyable, perhaps giving beer a little TOO much credit for everything, but I'll take any beer show over no beer show.

Exactly. :mug:

I personally would rather watch a show on the history of BMC than 95% of the crap out there. American Chopper? The fake drama on there is terrible.

Dont expect a show to come out on Discovery talking about OG/FG and stir plates. Nobody besides beer geeks would watch it, which is not enough people to keep the show on the air

I personally would rather watch a show on the history of BMC than 95% of the crap out there. American Chopper? The fake drama on there is terrible.

Whoa! Whoa! I used to watch the show when it started, just recently re-tuned back in, overblown maybe, fake no. Those people have serious problems, and it saddens me to even watch that show. The law suites are real, enuff said.

The one about shi**ing on beer would be a good start.:)

Seriously, I was waiting for them to start just listing off stuff that we would never have developed without beer. Something like, "Without beer we never would have had...<Insert Any of the Following>."

The Pentatonic Scale
Pay Toilets
Email
Thumbs

:p

Seriously, I was waiting for them to start just listing off stuff that we would never have developed without beer. Something like, "Without beer we never would have had...<Insert Any of the Following>."

The Pentatonic Scale
Pay Toilets
Email
Thumbs

:p

Wet T-Shirt Contests:ban:

Originally Posted by Shooter

The Pentatonic Scale
Pay Toilets
Email
Thumbs

Wet T-Shirt Contests

Oh, don't forget <insert sticky/slippery substance here> wrestling ;)

Just got done watching it. Good flick. Beer didn't just save the world. It created it!!! +1 for Beer!!

well put OP, cracked me up. i always kind of sigh to myself when a new beer show comes on TV as I know it will be discussed to death here.

Back