Traveling Horse Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finsfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was just recently gifted a lovely horse head mask from Absoluthamm and had a blast with it. I think everyone here should get a chance to experience the joys and struggles of being a horse, so this is a way to do just that. The rules are below and are pretty simple. Lets have some fun with this HBT! :mug:

-This is intended to be used by the recipient for a couple weeks or so, but try not to hold onto it for a long time.

-Please document all experiences with this, whether you take it to a brewery, sports game, relatives for a holiday, etc. It will only be fun for us if you let us know where this mask has been!

-PLEASE DO NOT KEEP THE MASK! You will have officially killed this thread and other members future joy of being a horse if you dont pass this mask along.

-If you need help determining the next recipient, PM me and I can get you another active members information.

-Please send to other active members of THIS FORUM . While you may have a buddy that doesnt HB who would enjoy it, we will not enjoy it and it will probably be lost forever. Keep it in the HBT community please.

-When sending it to the next recipient, please include a short letter describing what is being gifted to them. If you need help with this, PM me. You can always include what you did with the mask as well. Most important though is to let them know about the thread (if they dont know) and have them document their time with the mask.

-Last rule for this thread, HAVE FUN HORSING AROUND! :tank:

If you have questions/concerns/ideas or need helping sending this to the next member, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Okay, lets get this thing started! This past weekend I took the mask to Kansas City and Lawrence on a weekend trip to visit some friends. Our first stop was Boulevard brewing company. This was our second time trying to get in on the free tour, and the second time it was filled up for the day already! Or maybe they just discriminate against horses. Either way I was a little bummed, but I did get to try a sample of their experimental ESB which was pretty good.

That night after some other brewery stops, we decided to just take it easy at my buddies. He is in the process of moving soon, and when packing he found his old N64. Needless to say some Mario Cart was in order.

That Friday we visited Lawrence. I was going to get some pictures of me doing the KSU after the basketball game, but it didnt turn out so well for them.

Finally, I couldnt pass the mask on without enjoying some Vanilla Bean Buffalo Sweat.

The mask was sent out yesterday and is set to arrive to the first recipient on Thursday. I hope you guys and gals enjoy this as much as we did. Cheers to Jeremy for making this possible! :mug:

I will keep a running total of who has gotten the mask and where it has been.

1) Finsfan - Kansas City, Lawrence, and Manhattan, KS. Has been on the outside of Boulevard :(
2) WesleyS- Houston and Conroe, TX. Made an appearance at the Southern Star Brewing anniversary party!
3) Fuzzymittenbrewing - Pretty much all over Michigan and multiples breweries.
4) Hello - Motorcycle ride through NC
5) Mattmmille - Trip to the farm in Yale, Virginia
6) Mcbaumannerb - Certainly DID NOT go to Italy! :D
7) AllenH -

photo 2.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Haha! Awesome! I can't wait to see all the pictures in this thread as its passed along.
Awesome idea!

What a great idea! If I get it, we're touring Manhattan (NY) so it can see the other Manhattan. :)

Very glad the trend has been started! Hopefully one of these days they will stop discriminating against horses in breweries...

One bit of advice, you might not want to take it to Anheuser Busch, you might get mounted by a Clydesdale(among other reasons you shouldn't go there....)

Kind of pissed at myself that I didn't take any pictures myself before sending it out... oh well.

Very glad the trend has been started! Hopefully one of these days they will stop discriminating against horses in breweries...

One bit of advice, you might not want to take it to Anheuser Busch, you might get mounted by a Clydesdale(among other reasons you shouldn't go there....)

Kind of pissed at myself that I didn't take any pictures myself before sending it out... oh well.

Im sure someone will send it back to you soon since you donated the mask.

One bit of advice, you might not want to take it to Anheuser Busch, you might get mounted by a Clydesdale(among other reasons you shouldn't go there....).

Might get a position on the urine extraction/packaging line with the Clydesdales...

ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY! I always feel as anxious to see a box land to someone else, as I am to receive one. Is it there yet?! :D

ON THE TRUCK FOR DELIVERY! I always feel as anxious to see a box land to someone else, as I am to receive one. Is it there yet?! :D

Especially when there's a horse head in there! Why do you think I was so excited last week, lol. I was more excited to see the reaction to the mask than to the beer.

Especially when there's a horse head in there! Why do you think I was so excited last week, lol. I was more excited to see the reaction to the mask than to the beer.

Haha I understand now, especially when the recipient doesnt know its coming like myself. The recipient is in a horse accepting state, so hopefully he isnt turned away from any breweries :D

Damn, the suspense is killing me. I now have an additional reason to stalk the delivery guys. ;)

You look nothing like i had pictured in my mind;)

You sit around picturing wesleyS often? :rockin:

I feel like that mask should get a spritz of fabreeze before boxing and shipping each time. :D I'm such a girl, I know.

I knew I was going to send that to you first Wes, and then your BMAW came up that I could grant and I knew I had to grab it.

You sit around picturing wesleyS often? :rockin:

I feel like that mask should get a spritz of fabreeze before boxing and shipping each time. :D I'm such a girl, I know.

Haha! I'm the same way, it'll be disinfected before it's passed on its merry way. Especially after what I have planned for it....
:p

I knew I was going to send that to you first Wes, and then your BMAW came up that I could grant and I knew I had to grab it.

Well, I'm honored to be the next to receive it. I'll definitely be taking it to the brewery anniversary party this weekend and I'll try not to get kicked out. :D

Well, I'm honored to be the next to receive it. I'll definitely be taking it to the brewery anniversary party this weekend and I'll try not to get kicked out. :D

Haha glad it came in time for that! Enjoy man, i figured youd make good use of that.

BTW, for those that have not had the pleasure of wearing a horse mark, they f-ing suck! The only eye holes are the nostrils, so you really cant see anything. Its like you have very large blinders on :D

Yea you can't see ****. I had it on for about a minute when it first came in and was trying to watch TV... That didn't even work. Don't know how people drive with them on without causing major pileups

oh my....well I've been thinking of calling my brewery horsehead brewery....

And I've already got my own horsehead. By the way, you can drink bottles with the horse head on. I know this from a great halloween experience.

my taps....

IMAG0394.jpg

Latest posts

Back