New Rules for AHA Members- what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is, I actually shaved off my stash and goatee last weekend. Probably been 20+ years. I'll have to tell people its because of this!

Oh, I posted this on my facebook page also.

I strongly feel that since I cannot wear a beard, and I'm a member of the AHA, then no one should be able to.

I'm sure Denny isn't happy but he'll just have to deal. :D

Yup. They're right. We've all been looking a bit too scruffy lately. That, and with the whole trend toward not wearing pants, folks have started looking down on homebrewers. I applaud the AHA for returning us back to the day where others knew us as fine, upstanding individuals.

Not to get political or on a tangent or anything but I don't give a hoot if my favorite microbrewery's Master brewer looks like Sasquatch. If he makes awesome beer, who cares? Too me it's a bit disappointing and unAmerican to discriminate against someone because of facial hair. What if your religion obliges you to wear facial hair? Does that mean you couldn't joint the AHA? Besides, what looks scruffy, ugly, slacker, etc to some, may appeal to someone else.

To quote M.L.K.:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

It kind of applies to matters such as this but hey it's their Organization and they're free to set their own rules as they see fit right? To me its kinda sad, I would think homebrewers had more character and weren't so superficial.

It seems like 1/2 of the guys that show up at the competitions here have massive beards. If the only knew...

Not to get political or on a tangent or anything but I don't give a hoot if my favorite microbrewery's Master brewer looks like Sasquatch. If he makes awesome beer, who cares? Too me it's a bit disappointing and unAmerican to discriminate against someone because of facial hair. What if your religion obliges you to wear facial hair? Does that mean you couldn't joint the AHA? Besides, what looks scruffy, ugly, slacker, etc to some, may appeal to someone else.

To quote M.L.K.:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

It kind of applies to matters such as this but hey it's their Organization and they're free to set their own rules as they see fit right? To me its kinda sad, I would think homebrewers had more character and weren't so superficial.
things-that-amaze-me-gullible-oranges-things-amaze-me-demotivational-posters-1313719572.jpg

Yeah do I feel like an ass?:eek: So sue me, I never been to a brewer's conference or toured a brewery. Besides in this politically correct environment nothing surprises me anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice they didn't say anything about bee beards.

Problem solved. Cover your face with bees.

Thanks to Yooper for the heads up on this one! All I can tell you is that a couple years back I shaved off my beard for the first time in 30 years. My wife could hardly look at me. People I knew were begging me to grow it back. I concluded that the less of my face you could see, the better I looked.

Yeah do I feel like an ass?:eek: So sue me, I never been to a brewer's conference or toured a brewery. Besides in this politically correct environment nothing surprises me anymore.
dragonbreath11 you could have played it the other way (for a second I thought you did) and said.... Aprils fool!

Back